Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pool time

Shy

Pool time

Do you have a pool for the children? for example even just one of those Intel ones?
    do you consider this an insurance risk being I have no babies. ages 4-7 and are not allowed in yard ever without me

Starting to feel at home...
    I wouldn't risk it. I live in Ontario and there was a terrible instance with a home daycare child and a pool in this province. Because of that, I don't know any parents who would be willing to send their children to a home daycare with a pool. As a parent I wouldn't either.

Hope this helps..

No pools here. I wouldn't even consider it for my home, or if I were to send my child to a dayhome. My insurance will not cover my business if I have a pool.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

Shy
    I know all about that instance. That was truly an accident waiting to happen for sure. I don't mean an above ground pool or an inground I mean those pools which are like 20 inches deep.

Hi there,

I am opening a Daycare in the near future ( once our adoption is finalized ). I have a large inground pool in our backyard, but it is completely fenced. When I take the children outside we don't even go in the locked pool area. There is lots of room in the backyard to play still ( with a swing set, sand box etc). Do you think this will pose as an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by jennipooh View Post
    Do you think this will pose as an issue?
    I wouldn't think of it as an issue, especially if your pool is completely fenced off - I would lock it too for extra security issues. And if your 'daycare' play area is far enough away from it.

Shy
    talk to your insurance provider. Mine told me since that incident nobody will insure if you have a pool. I didn't think to ask about one of the collapsible ones.

Shy
    I do have a pool I bring out in hot days. It is about 20 inches deep, but I only fill it like maybe 5 inches. This lets the kids cool off but depending on the crew I have I go to homedepot and buy a mist machine. I think they are like 20 bucks and it does the trick.

Oh, we have a 12" kiddie pool...it's hard plastic and we fill/dump it per use so that there is no standing water ever. Water hazards are a huge thing for me and not something I risk.

*for those worried about water waste, we dump onto the garden that would need watering anyway. Sometimes I add dish soap...the kids get clean and any nymphs on the plants get killed.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

my insurance before said that as long as i have 5 or less children that I am covered. Do you need extra insurance on top of that?
    I am not registered and will only have 3-4 children.

The pool was here when we bought the house, but the children will have absolutely NO ACCESS to the pool.

When parents come they will see that when we go in the back yard we don't even walk near the pool.
    Would this be a concern to you as a parent looking for daycare??