Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Expansive...

Friends 30th birthday/ No daycare topic

Hi Ladies,

I have no one else to ask and DH reads all my emails and always has an opinion about everything. So I am putting it on here as he never reads this Site. LOL

I have a friend who is turning 30 and she has asked me to plan a big party for her.
    She planned a really nice dinner for me for my birthday that just passed. Her DH is a bit of a deadbeat when it comes to helping plan things. I had a surprise baby shower for her last year and he did nothing to help so I had to ask her a week before for a list if names and it sucked as it took all the surprise out if it.

When she planned my dinner she had a bit of a tantrum after because no one helped to pitch in to pay and she didn't get the praise from my other friends that she wanted for doing such a great job. It sort of made me feel like crap. I would never ever act like that nor would I tell someone the cost involved. Very childish?

Anyway she is a bit of a princess!

She told me recently that I can just plan a dinner like she had me. I'm a bit insulted and I know no matter what I plan it won't be good enough.

This woman has truly become my dearest friend but there is such a spoiled side to her that it just makes me scream.

I have planned for a smaller dinner with only 3 close knit friends at a nice restaurant, her hubby will be watching her 4 kids.

Does that seem cheesy?
    Last edited by Skysue; 02-18-2013 at 02:12 PM.