Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

The sigh of relief meeting interviewees down the road

I have had two experiences since Sept where I interviewed with familes and then heard nothing back only to run into these parents again down the road.
    I have to say that in both cases I had a big sense of relief seeing them again and knowing that they were not interested in my daycare. Sometimes when you see these people again you realize just how much it wouldn't have worked out and that they would not have been a good fit for the daycare. This is especially true when you see them out and about in the community or the 'real world' (not your house) and see how they are and interact with other people and their surroundings and their kids in a different environment.
    It helps not to feel rejected because in retrospect you see that things work out just as they should and you can thank your lucky stars that these parents didn't become clients.

Starting to feel at home...
    It's true.
    I keep running into a lady who interviewed last fall. She even made a deposit on a spot to be held for 6 weeks...but then backed out 2 days prior to care starting up. I see her all the time now (she decided to SAH) on the school walk...usually when I'm walking home and she's walking her child there (late). She gets him to school late every day....tardiness is not one of my favourite qualities! Lets just say I smile big and say 'hi' and thank my lucky stars that he's not arriving late to my house everyday.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

Euphoric !
    And I am sure the boss she left at work is happy she didn't return either - just imagine how late she would be into work every day.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilys4Guppies View Post
    It's true.
    I keep running into a lady who interviewed last fall. She even made a deposit on a spot to be held for 6 weeks...but then backed out 2 days prior to care starting up. I see her all the time now (she decided to SAH) on the school walk...usually when I'm walking home and she's walking her child there (late). She gets him to school late every day....tardiness is not one of my favourite qualities! Lets just say I smile big and say 'hi' and thank my lucky stars that he's not arriving late to my house everyday.
    LOL exactly. Sounds like you know the feelings.
    Last edited by Spixie33; 05-05-2011 at 11:58 AM.

I have seen a family that I interviewed a few times since...the father will wave with no smile, and the mother won't even look at me. I did fill the spot before they got back to me, but when I told them about wanting their decision within a week, they told me that if I had a taker for the vacancy, to please fill it so that they didn't have the pressure. The mother emailed me after the interview and told me that she liked my day home and that she would be in touch with her decision, but I contacted her a week later to let her know I had filled it.

Wonder what I did to tick them off? LOL And um, PHEW?? hehe