Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I went through this last Spring with a girl the same age. I suggested to Mom that she have solids, which cleared the problem right up. She's old enough for them at 5 mos.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Are you making up the bottles or is mom sending them ready? Make sure if mom is sending them that she is making them up properly and not watering down the formula because the child drinks so much. The result will be the extra water is not satisfying so you are in effect feeding half a serving of milk with each bottle potentially.

But anytime between 4-6 months it is ok to start cereals so I would be asking mom if that is ok and then do it mid morning at daycare to see if that holds child over better or at least reduced by one or more bottles.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Thanks ladies. I haven't been able to read your replies until now, appreciate all your feed back. perhaps I will talk to Mom about solids, the old me would do that, but I get so tired of parents thinking they have all the answers these days, ha ha seems every time I make a suggestion they have a better alternative, "my doctor said this" or "the books I read say this"....I guess I have become a little more of a "mind my own business and just do as they do" kind of provider these days, even if it does negetively affect my days....just so shocking that this baby at 5 months eats a 5-6 oz bottle every 1.5 to 2 hours or she screams bloody murder. will ask Mom if I can suppliment with rice cereal in between.

Starting to feel at home...
    Just make sure you have permission to start solids at daycare .... just incase the child reacts to the foods you giver her .

Euphoric !
    Little late with weighing in. But I would also start with getting mom/dad to add solids to the diet. We started my youngest at around 5 months because a) she didn't seem satisfied with liquids alone and b) she was showing all the signs of "readiness".
    How have things been lately?