Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: E.I

Expansive...

E.I

Do any of you pay into it and is it worth it?

no, it costs too much and you have to jump through hoops to get it and keep getting it for the allowed term. I set aside some funds if there comes a time I am not able to work for a period of time.

Expansive...
    It says on the site you pay 1.89 for evey 100.00? Just curios if anyone has used it since it was passed in 2011?

Expansive...
    Ladies seriously have none of you taken a year off just for yourselves?

Euphoric !
    Why? I am home all the time and when you have kids there is no me time. Then again I am mom to 4 kids so the house was always just full of kids no matter what time of day it was.

Also wonder why you would want to, sounds pretty boring to me - babies are cute for awhile but we all need more in our lives than watching a baby sleep. That is why there are so many mommy groups so those lonely/bored ladies can find something to do.

Expansive...
    I like having that special time with baby, I'm no spring chicken and I did sign up but may not take advantage of it. I figure if theres any complications with my health or babies health then it will be my safety net!

The good thing is you can opt out whenever as long as you haven't taken the leave.

P.S I also loved Mommy and me group I was never bored but I was the founder of my group!

Euphoric !
    actually reggio has commented on this topic on different threads and I believe there is a lot more to it and if I remember correctly she said you cannot opt out .....maybe search this topic to find other threads or message her

Euphoric !
    The income that they base the percentage on - your after deductions income is so low that you would be getting barely anything anyways so while the premium seems low you may not really come out ahead that much.