Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Runabout Stroller in the Winter!

Good Morning!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the Runabout Stroller does in the winter. Is it easy to push through the snow? Are the children covered enough from the wind/cold/snow/rain using the canopy and weather shield? I am looking at getting either a 5 seater or the 4-8 seater for next winter when I have to do school drop-off and pick-up (for my own girls) with 5-6 children. It's a 15 minute or so walk to the school. Any thoughts/advice is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Love love love my Runabout!! it is the best stroller that i have had for winter snow. i use the canopy and the weather shield and usually my little munchkins are sweating (I am the only one who is freezing my tooshy off). I have a quad and I love it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to giraffe For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I am so glad i got the runabout. I wish I had done it right away but I waited a year before buying it. I have had mine for 1.5 years now. I have the 4 seater.

I think it performs amazing in snow and rain and is actually better to push in rain/snow than on dry summer conditions.

I have had days where the sidewalk was unplowed and there were 10 inches of snow. The tires are high and skinny and I can cut through the deep snow without issue.

I never worry when it is raining or windy because i have the weather cover that I can use. Most winter days I leave the cover off unless there is a lot of windchill. I used to panic every time it was raining out before. Now it makes no difference. The weather cover also has a button at the back to hold it in place and help it from blowing away.

The canopy is usually on my stroller all the time 24/7 but it is a bit tricky to get kids into it with the canopy on. I just do it and manage but it would probably be easier to load and unload if you take it off.

My only critique is that the front wheel doesn't swivel so turning corners means you have to push down on the handle and tip the stroller in order to turn. That can take some effort but it is still the best thing ever.

Also...be prepared for a lot of stares and comments and compliments when you are out with the runabout. I get comments on "Wow that is a big stroller or an awesome stroller" etc every day.

Also...when you order the stroller - some assembly is required so you will probably need someone to help you put it together. ie.put the tires and handle bar on etc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spixie33 For This Useful Post:

Thank you giraffe and Spixie33 I now know I am definitely buying one this summer!

Shy
    Hi! I love love loved my runabout! I had 4 seater for 5 years and sold it at 80%payback! If you get one from Roger Berg design, you won't regret it. Your daycare parents will appreciate it, if you lose a client, you'll gain one no problem with people stopping you about your stroller and dayhome . It's amazing in the snow thick or icy. The tires are flawless and flatless. Puncture free. Look up berg design and runabouts. Worth it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kabloozi For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Where do you get them in Canada?

Treeholm...I am going to order one directly from Roger Berg. I emailed him and he was really helpful in answering all my questions. His email is runabout@teleport.co m. Ordering one from him seems to be the cheapest way to go.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mommyof2princesses For This Useful Post: