Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wagon

Shy

Wagon

Ok so I have decided on getting the choo choo wagon and additional trailers but is it just me or is it impossible to get it here in ontario. I have been trying on a bunch of websites but nothing so far. Any suggestions? Does anyone have this wagon? If so how do you like it? Thanks

Euphoric !
    I had a step two wagon and one trailer so I could transport 3 children. It pulled my shoulders out of joint and hurt me badly. I prefer pushing the stroller for the sake of my shoulders that had rotator cuff injuries at my last job from repetitive strain. That was my experience, hope it helps you decide.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Trace of Angels
    I have it too, very hard to pull. Hurt my right hip to the point of not being able to walk. I have the bye bye buggy stroller by Angele now.........so much easier. IMO spend a little more money and save your body from a lot of pain :-) So much easier to push then it is to pull!

Shy
    So here is my thinking .... I don't want kids who are able to walk well in a stroller or wagon, they can walk. I figured this wagon was good for the fact that I can attach the number of cars needed and when kids are able to walk take them off. I thought of a stroller but they are so expensive and I don't want to be pushing big kids who can walk.

So say if I do lean towards a stroller would you suggest a 4 or 6 person stroller? Where did you buy yours?

Didn't realize this would become such a hard decision LOL! Thanks for all your advice and experience greatly appreciated before I make such a big investment.

Euphoric !
    I've always made it work with a double stroller. Then I use the animal backpacks attached to my wrists and start children practicing before they turn 2. By the time they are 2 we can go long distances safely with the smallest 2 in the stroller. It works but it takes practice and patience.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Trace of Angels
    I have a quad. The human body should not push more weight than this. Somedays I only have two in there and a backpack with sand toys and snacks for the park. And sometimes I have four kids in there but never more. They can walk when they are two and should. It is great exercise for them :-)

Outgoing
    I am struggling with this same dilemma. The choo choo wagon is affordable (I'm pretty sure you can get it at Toys R Us), and flexible in terms of how many children you can pull. HOwever, we do need to protect and preserve our bodies and pulling 3 or 4 children is not the best idea from a physical perspective.
    Maybe consider what type of terrain you will be walking on, how many kids you have to transport (maybe you can start with a double or triple stroller and upgrade as you add more kids to your mix)?

Expansive...
    Hi!

I have the Choo Choo wagon and LOVE it!!!!! I have 3 extra "cars" and don't find it hard to pull at all.....once it's rolling it pretty much goes on it's own! I wouldn't trade it for anything! I ordered online from Mini Circuit Wheels for Kids. Assembled and delivered to my door the next day!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wonderwiper For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Wonderwiper do you mind me asking what you paid if not its ok I understand. I found a used quad foundation stroller that I might get for when I have a lot of young children and the wagon for transitioning them plus for my own 2 when we are out and about on the weekends. Thanks everyone for you input.

Expansive...
    No problem! I think it was around $120 for the 2 seater main wagon and $50 for each extra car. I've had it for a few years and never had a problem! However, I do not do school runs so if it is rainy or snowy we don't go out so I can't comment on it's use in snow!