Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Nasty hand blisters

I have a 4yo dcb who has really bad eczema. This week his hands broke out in blisters....a whole bunch of them. And they`re gross! Now some of them a popping, too. Yesterday he actually stayed home because they were hurting, but today, I'm just trying not to be grossed out and wiping everything down. Luckily, he's my guy who doesn't play much...just kind of roams around talking, and we spent LOTS of time outside this morning.

So bizarre ,though!

Euphoric !
    Have they been to see a Dr? It could also be hand, foot and mouth disease. Look at the roof of his mouth and tongue for sores/blisters. My daughter caught this at daycare last year.

Expansive...
    Awww that sucks...it would gross me out too. Right now all of my dck have really runny noses, when they come running for a hug I think "oh no!" And end up with booger streaks all over my shirt! So gross! But maybe he should get checked out, just in case. Honestly it would make me feel really uncomfortable...and Torontokids could be right about hand foot mouth disease.

Euphoric !
    I would ask parents to take him to the doctor. I haven't heard of blisters with eczema. Maybe it has cracked and become infected? It could even be something really contagious like impetego. I wouldn't keep him in care without having it checked out!

Outgoing
    Just to confirm yes you can have blisters and it sometimes oozes ..Gross I know but I have real bad eczema right now and have the same thing.Cold and dry weather makes it worst for me. I would also ask them to seek medical advice if they haven't already... just in case. If he is old enough to wash his hands with soap and water by himself maybe you can make sure the soap you have is not too harsh or scented.
    If he has a presciprtion or just an over the counter cortisone cream maybe you can apply some at naptime to releif the itch and burning. Poor little guy it can be soooooo painfull.

Outgoing
    oh man! I just looked up impetego. My stomach can't handle this! He's functioning and with his history of severe eczema, and his mom's opinion (who's a RN) I'm okay with him being here....
    We tried band-aids, but they're mostly on his fingers and they just kept falling off.

I do feel bad for him. It must hurt and be irritating. I made him put his cream on himself, because I really just couldn't...and he's big enough and able. Maybe they'll magically disappear during his nap!

Euphoric !
    Eeek, yuck! Poor little guy. You know excema can be caused by detergents, food allergies, all kinds of things. The doctor should be sending the little guy to a dermatologist.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    My ex husband has very bad eczema and he has medicated cream and then he has to put thin white cotton gloves on...... Stress makes it worse but so do foods with high acidity.

I have eczema that has come up pretty much all over my body due to the weather and last night noticed blistering. On a funny side note, I suffer from contact dermititis and used to have to wear cotton gloves at night. Funny thing was when morning came they would be no where to be found.....what on earth I was doing in my sleep I have no idea, but it was a guarantee that I would never wake up with them on

Starting to feel at home...
    I have those same hand blisters and am currently being tested for celiac (gluten allergy) as well as having an allergy test to see if it is just a wheat allergy. Eczema is usually a direct link to an allergy of some sort. The poor thing, I know how itchy, painful and debilitating it is. Could you possibly mention this information to the parents? There is now a blood test to screen for celiac before doing the biopsy.