Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Practice walking to the park

Hi!
    I have 1 16 MO and one 17 MO that started to walk in the past month. We go to the park at least once a day and its a 10 minute walk. I was wondering when should i start practicing walking to the park. Most of it is on a pathwalk so i'm not too worry about cars... But i'm scared they would get very tired fast!

take a wagon or stroller with you so they can walk part way. I find they either love this sense of independence and don't want to go back in the wagon or they walk a few steps and wail for a ride. Just depends on the personality of the child. If I have a few little ones, I do put them back in my wagon to cross the street. The independent kids soon learn this is non negotiable and as soon as it is safe they can resume walking.

Expansive...
    Well I would say maybe wait until spring when they are in lighter clothes? Snowsuits can be so bulky and difficult to walk in for toddlers...also keep in mind that a 10 minute walk might stretch itself into a 30 mins walk! Toddlers get distracted very easily! Tried getting my 19 month old daughter to walk to the bus stop and put her back in the stroller for this very reason, but also because it was just too close to the street.