Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    You should be very proud of yourself for knowing your limits and making wise decisions so that you don't get exhausted and burned out and lose your mind from stress. 7 children is a lot of work, especially when you are new. Maybe next year you will feel you can handle it better as your own children grow. Be honest with your client and explain your reasoning, that's all you can do.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    You need to do what is right for you. If you feel you took on to much then you need to fix it so you are comfortable and confident. I have 6 kids here under the age of 2 plus my 2 school aged kids (this week anyway, they are off school) and although it's busy, my daycare is a well oiled machine and it runs very smoothly. Transitioning more than 1 baby in at a time is hard and I never ever do that...I transition in 1 at a time. It's easier on them and you. You just need to get yourself organised, find your groove and everything else will fall into place.

As a side note, I would change that policy in your contract about no deposits...you're going to get burned if you don't look out for yourself. That deposit and contract ensures clients will do as they say they will do and if they don't, you are compensated for it.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fruitloop For This Useful Post:

apples and bananas
    Too much too fast it sounds like. You're not the only one out there I'm sure.

I trickled kids in slowly. I have rarely had 5 at one time and most of them over 2. I'm just now, after being open for 2 years, going to start 5 full time in November. It's taken me that long to work up a system that everyone is safe and I'm happy and confident.

Simply let her know that the reason you stopped working was for a better life for you and your family and the amount of kids you have is taking away from that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    The email has been sent....there is a reply and I am too nervous to even read it right now!

I do feel that in the future I can take on more, but as everyone is saying, too many transitioning at once!

I need to fix my contract a lot and add a deposit...how much do you ask for? One week or two?
    I am also thinking of telling future clients that part time is minimum 3 days but they will pay more as I won't be filling those other spots? Does anyone charge more for part timers?

Thanks sooo much everyone, I don't know what I would do without you!

Expansive...
    Have you thought about offering before and after school to fill the other 2 spots? It may help the pocket book a little.

LOL. You have to let us know what she said!

I agree with Fun and Care, too much to chew- take it easy- $ isn't everything and I think the safety of the chidlren and your sanity is way more important,,, I'm planning to open in April and have my own kid too, but only want 2 or 3 in the beginning- if I were to get 5 signed up, I'd be needing to hire a helper for a few hours in the morning,,,
    All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Fun&care View Post
    That is definitely a lot of kids, I personally would not be able to handle that much. If you can't do this, then terminate. Don't let yourself get so overwhelmed that you burn out. Letting that family go will be hard, on you AND on the mother, but it doesn't matter. You are not doing anyone a favor by pushing yourself to the edge. Terminate, then as your current crew matures a bit, maybe then you will feel like adding more kids. Take things slow, especially at first. I just recently started too, and there is so much to do in the beginning even when you thought you had it all covered, it helps to have a few less kids so you can get organized. Take care!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fearlessbaby For This Useful Post: