Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Trouble picking new daycare kid

I have a spot available at my home daycare and have had a bit of interest, but it's me who's hesitating on choosing someone. I don't know if I 'm being too picky since right now I have the most AMAZING families and noone is living up to that. I've done 5 visits this week and I have found something with each one to make me hesitant. I can't keep looking and keep these people hanging, though...

Euphoric !
    Just as parents that are looking for care are not going to find someone that meets everything on their wish list you will need to make a list too. Actually make two lists. Make one that lists what you have now with your families - age, hours, temperments etc. Rank the interviewed families against that list. Make a list of what your ideal would be in terms of what can you not compromise on such as hours, etc. If you can eliminate a family that ends up at the bottom of both lists it will help to narrow down your choices. Again just as a family will always question if they made the best choice no matter how much they love their daycare provider you will always wonder what if.

Expansive...
    Last year I filled all my spots within a few weeks and I really lucked out with 3 great families.
    This fall I am also supposed to look for a new kid because the oldest child I have is starting full day/every day JK.
    I am just as reluctant to even start actively interviewing and looking as you sound. lol I am really worried that my luck has run out and that I won't find anyone good this time around either so I am dragging my feet on even getting started

I hope you are able to find the family that you have the best feeling about

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by gcj View Post
    I have a spot available at my home daycare and have had a bit of interest, but it's me who's hesitating on choosing someone. I don't know if I 'm being too picky since right now I have the most AMAZING families and noone is living up to that. I've done 5 visits this week and I have found something with each one to make me hesitant. I can't keep looking and keep these people hanging, though...
    I'm having the same problem! It is so hard finding not only the right kids but the right parents!

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by gcj View Post
    Honestly, if it doesn't feel right, don't. If you can hold out financially until the right one comes along, then do that. Because one bad fit, ruins the whole good fit you have going on with everyone else and then it's not enjoyable for everyone.