Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Outgoing
    Yep, all gone. I just commented asking why the comments were removed and suggested that maybe CBC didnt like being told they were wrong. Let's see if the admin approves my comment.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by cfred View Post
    I just checked the comments section where we've all been posting for the Who's Watching the Kids episode on CBC website. All the posts are gone. What do you think that means? I thought it odd. When I checked postings for other shows, they're still showing. Interesting.
    Was just on the sight looking around trying to find the comments to read while kids ate their lunch and thought I was in the wrong place. Now I know. Hopefully the point was realized they goofed on this episode.

What was good was the links on the sidebar to provincial regulations and who to contact for info.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    I always seem to have daycare on my mind. I was out shopping this weekend and picked up items for Mother's Day and spent an evening looking for craft ideas (and then shopping for these) for St. Patricks Day and yikes, early Easter and wake in the middle of the night trying to solve a daycare issue. So let me turn a profit on the "back of the children" please.
    Mimi, I know exactly what you mean. Even when on vacation, I still think about the daycare. Last year in Florida with my whole family, my sister and I would wake up to go 'shelling' very early every morning. Our main goal was to get as many shells as we could that were listed on the laminated shell identification chart I purchased from a little shop. The ones I couldn't find, I purchased. When we got home, we spent hours scrubbing the shells in bleach, drying them out and putting them together for a daycare matching game. The ones that didn't get used for the game were set aside for a kiddie pool that was to be lined with sand, with a couple inches of water in it so the kids could go 'shelling' themselves. We also talked about and looked at pictures of the little critters who had once occupied the shells. I'll be camping in Puerto Rico in April. I know, as I do every year, I'll head to the shops to see what I can find as a little trinket for the kids. I always say I'm going to do nothing but swim in the sea, lay on the beach and read in my hammock, but the daycare is ALWAYS on my mind.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Okay, now I'm really done......I posted one more thing on CBC. I hope, hope, hope, we get a more positive response from our efforts to make our voices heard.

"Really, the posts have all be removed? What's up CBC? Didn't you expect us to stand up and defend our work? Instead of damning every unlicensed provider out there, perhaps you could do more to promote our ability to become licensed in a way that is economically realistic? For us to work through a licensed agency, we have to follow the DNA requirements of 1 under 1, 2 under 2, 3 under 3. This will, in essence, force most of us to close our doors. With the full day kindergarten put in place, we cannot have more than 3 children at any given time as we've even lost kindergarten children now to what essentially adds up to (for most people) as free daycare. Without jacking my prices up to about double (at least), we will not survive. Oh, and let's not forget the percentage off the top claimed by the agencies to the tune of up to 35% of our income. Most of us will be forced to shut our doors. Please tell me what the public outcry would be like then, when 80% of children have NOWHERE to go.

I fully agree with the need for oversight of ALL daycare providers. However, the entire system needs to be revamped. Licensed daycare centres, both for profit AND non-profit need their bars raised. Home Daycare Providers need to have a system in place that offers some flexibility regarding space and age requirements and we must be able to obtain independent licensing which is affordable, realistic, reasonable and unique to the Home Daycare Industry. Home Daycares are NOT like large institutions which is why we're very often selected by parents. They often don't want their infants and toddlers in a large, institutional setting. They want them in a home. Even if there were enough Licensed Daycare spaces available, people would still come to us because we offer children what large centres can't - a second home."

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I just finaly was able to view the show ... Wow come on ...Parents have NO CHOICE ...hUMMM seriously ??? Both daycares the have shown where horrible, come on WHO would leave their child there?? To mee it made parents look really awfull more than the so called providers. When I was in need of daycare I had lists of questions and the ones that were no good were not chosen... I would have sold my house before I would have left my kids there. There are good and bad in any situation parents need to do their homework too. I was from a different province and I was totally clueless about daycare but I managed to get the information and it was not THAT complicated. Geez !

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crafty For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I just sent a letter to the CBC and another identical one to Marketplace listing all of my complaints regarding this report. I included the fact that they have deleted all the comments! This is totally unacceptable and now I am even more disgusted. It just makes you wonder what else they leave out intentionally in their other reports? And when it comes to the parents defending the daycares in the report, well maybe it's because we are not seeing the whole story? You know, taken out of context, things can seem much worse than they are. Now, transporting kids with no carseats is completely unacceptable, as is being over-ration etc...but just wondering now if this was fabricated? Who knows...I have no trust in this reporting anymore....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Sunny days, that was what I was thinking that maybe the guy had car seats and they just took a shot of a similar van with no car seats. With this people you never know. They just want to sell and the more dramatic the show looks the ratings could get higher. At the end, is all about money and fame. They do not care about destroying reputations. I am sick of it...

Even the lady with that awful home daycare. That could be someone that was just paid to be in the show and pretend to be a provider... I can't even imagine leaving my son in that place. What parent would do that??

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Well, I do believe that there are some relaly awful daycares out there...so they were likely real. But you just don't know what was left out. When I was looking for daycare for my son through a licensed agency, I came across many daycares I could not have imagined leaving my child in. And I have a couple of current kids in my daycare who came from pretty bad situations in home daycares. I know they exist and they should be shut down. They are the ones making it hard for the rest of us to have any respect

Quote Originally Posted by Artsand crafts View Post
    Even the lady with that awful home daycare. That could be someone that was just paid to be in the show and pretend to be a provider... I can't even imagine leaving my son in that place. What parent would do that??

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Good point, I started in this business way before I had my son so I did not had a chance to take at look at other home daycares. I would have been very upset watching children in a place like that. What are parents thinking??????
    Last edited by Artsand crafts; 02-25-2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: typo