Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thanks daycare ladies! My son is napping again!

I wanted to thank you for all your words of wisdom. I have a 20 months old son. He stopped napping about a month ago... There was a time when I even let him go to the play room to have quiet activities instead of sleeping. But he looked very tired and cranky in the afternoon. He even fall sleep for some minutes in the table when reading books...He used to stay in his bed and wanted to talk and sing and move around. He even started to get up and try to wake everybody else or yell to get others' attention. I have never had issues with kids sleeping at my daycare... They usually sleep more time than at their homes!... but as many of you have mentioned is different when you take care of your own kid... I did what some of you suggested of taking him out of the sleeping room and get him into a playpen (instead of his bed)... First day took him like 2 hrs to get to sleep for 20 min. Next day about 1.5 hrs to sleep about 45 min. Following day 45 min to sleep 1 hr. Three days ago I asked him in a calm voice while hugging him if he preferred to sleep in his bed or in the playpen in the hall. He said his bed. I told him that I wanted him to stay in the bed, too, but if he started to make noises or getting up I would have to take him to the playpen... Since then he has been sleeping in his bed with everybody else. It only takes from 15 to 20 min to sleep for 1 to 2 hrs... He looks much better during the day and in better mood. I am glad he is resting more now... Thank you ladies and this great site for so many helpful tips! Hopefully my success helps someone else not to loose hope... I was out of hope... I tried everything in the book...
    Last edited by Artsand crafts; 02-24-2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: mistake

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

so glad you got in under control! I too love this site, not only for the advice, but the support is priceless! Sometimes you just need to know your not alone! glad it all worked out!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yay! Good for you! I just helped one of my daycare parents get her son sleeping again and she felt just like you...so good to know you are not alone right? My daughter has been giving me trouble recently too, but we are getting back on track. You just have to stay strong and not give up!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thanks for sharing your success !! I had lots of good from this site too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crafty For This Useful Post: