Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Sigh....it was such a nice quiet week last week!

So my one dcg was gone all last week for family funeral, and came back this morning....it has been crying and whining all day. Having her gone made me realize just how nice and quiet the other kids are! She has been coming to my house for a year now, is almost two years old and continues to be "sensitive" (how her parents describe her). She cries about : kids looking at her, kids touching her special blanket, kids touching her, kids talking to her, another kid being too close to her (like a two foot bubble she wants) the dog playing with the dog's toy and not even looking at her, doors being closed (doesn't matter what side of the door she is on), the baby stair gate being closed (no matter what side she is on), having to walk on her own outside, having to sit in a booster seat at the table for meals and not being allowed to walk all over the house with food, having to have a nap, basically almost everything all day long....she has gotten better but still, come on! I so just want to terminate her but really have to reason to, other than she is annoying. The crying just grates on my nerves, and I end up putting her in her playpen just to get a break from it. The other kids comment on her crying all the time too, they don't like it either. She is just so antisocial with other kids. Drives me bananas! She would hang off me all day long if I let her, she even freaks out if I go to the bathroom with out her.....

Sounds like a good enough reason to me! If she hasn't settled in after a year! I think your a saint for enduring it that long!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaycareLulu For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yup .......NEXT

Sounds like a good reason to me!!

Wow a year of that !!! I endure that type of little girl for 5 months and that was way too long. Everytime I was telling my husband : ''That is it ! I'll give the two weeks notice !!'' Well she ended up turning around and now shes great but... who knows with your little one. Do you ignore her everytime she acts like that ?

I wouldn't be able to handle that for that long!! I would term and just say she still isn't adjusting to you or your program. Can't win them all!

Euphoric !
    I can speak to this experience as I just terminated a little boy who had so many anti-social habits, no idea about the other children's space, non listening which was frustrating to all and so much more. They were all grey areas but I finally decided that after a year and a half of misery for all the other children and for me that we deserve to be happy.

I truly hope the little boy is happier in a new place and maybe the next caregiver won't have a problem with him at all because she won't have the difficult history I had with him. Keep this in your mind when you terminate the child who is making everybody miserable at your daycare. Don't you want to be happy? Don't you want all the other children in your daycare to be happy? If you have tried everything you can to make the child happy and it hasn't worked then maybe the next caregiver will have another method and maybe the child will be happy there. Don't feel guilty. Terminating is hell but after it's done it is such a relief.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

It IS enough of a reason. She is not cut out for a group care environment. Just use that reason - because it's TRUE.

Kids like that drive me batty and I would terminate her.

Outgoing
    I just terminated a dcg exactly like that...I lasted 5 months. Some children are just not meant for group care.

Trace of Angels
    You are a saint for this little one.......those are some lucky parents to have you, Good Luck with whatever you decide, either way it's not going to be easy :-(