Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Monday Vent!!!!!!!!

Do any of you ever feel like, come Monday morning, you are still not ready to start the week? If I didn't have this forum to stick my face in when things get a little tough, not sure what I would do!!!!!!
    I have a set of siblings, that drive me up the wall, and being Monday....I feel like I may pull out all my hair!!!!
    One is a "always crying" infant, which i have to say I think I tolerate quite well, given the circumstances.... and the other is a "all knowing" 4 yr old!
    They have a Daddy who (God bless him) is a very untimely charactor.....always running late..shows up every am with a huge "huff" sets the baby in car seat on the floor, shoves 4 yr old in the door, runs through when they got up, who needs to eat and says "I'm late, gotta go" and runs out the door.
    Today, drops kids, one sucking a huge bottle in car seat the other big piece of toast in hand and coughing up a storm (I have a rule: NO OUTSIDE FOOD) grrr! and takes off lickety split! GOOD MORNING!
    crunch crunch on the toast, cough cough all over!!!! cry cry from the babe! yay! Monday! aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

Shy
    I too feel like this on Monday morning with siblings as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mommy-Jenn For This Useful Post:

Wow !! yep I hear ya. My Monday morning is not like yours, I'm sick with soar throat myself because of the kid that has been sick for a month I know it !!! This morning, I didnt talk to any parent, just Hi ! if anyone has to say anything, I'll say : If you dont like me when I'm sick, keep your sick kid home ! gggrrrrrrr

You know when I talked to that kid's dad last Friday about his kid being sick for a month now with thick yellowish runny nose and if they had consulted the doctor he said : hum no not really, we'll see in the spring and if not better then ... IM LIKE WHAT THE ... ?!?!?! I really wanted to tell him what I thought about the kid being sick in my daycare again this morning and see where its got ME !!! But I didnt say anything

Does the dad brings the kid in the carseat in your daycare ???

Hope you have a better day

Outgoing
    I know what you mean ! My weekends are rarely any different then my weekdays, just that I have less children but more chores. So come Monday I feel like I haven't had a chance to catch a break.

apples and bananas
    That's horrible. That would be a letter at pick up from my place for coming in with outside food like that and then bolting without a chance to communicate.

My Monday morning has started out good. I had a PT change days so my days a little more manageable. I was told that my 3 yr old didn't really have any success with the potty this weekend, but within an hour he had asked to go to the potty twice and was successful both times. We had some good outside time before the yucky slushy weather comes tomorrow and we're chilling in front of a short video for a few min while I have a bit of a rest in front of the computer.

I hope your infant magically stops the constant crying soon. I feel for you and Im thankful for caregivers like you. When my daughter was an infant and in home daycare she would scream through her entire nap for months... and scream every time a man walked into the room. Crazy! Thank goodness there are caregivers like you out there willing to grin and bare it.

Outgoing
    I must be odd. While I don't LOVE MOndays, there is something to be said for them. Hubby's back at work, my kids hop on the bus, dcks haven't seen eachother or my toys for 2 whole days, so it's kind of a free-play day. Don't get me wrong....I love weekends and time with my family, but believe it or not, I seem to get MORE done and keep the house more under control during dchours?!?!

Mind you....in 2 weeks, one dcmom is back to work after her mat leave, so her 2 girls who arrive around 9am will be here at 7:15 while I"m feeding my kids, preparing lunch and doing the bus thing. I might say otherwise then!