Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Cool Award winning bad Idea

So a few months back, my husband and I built a giant house out of cardbord boxes! the kiddos LOVE it, it has a door, windows and a sun roof ( yes... my hubby is a carbord box architect ) I've always wanted to paint it with the children, but never took the time to do it! I decided thattoday wasa great day to do so! I only have 1 3 YO ans my 17 MO son! so I take the paint out... put a bit sheet no the floor and put the house on top of it.

first 5 minutes were great.... everybody was having tons of fun.... my son was being great with the sponges.... the 3 YO was sharing... and then my son remembered that he is starting his terrible 2... and trew his sponge in the face of the other little girl... and before i had time to react, she trew her plate of paint on my son's pants....and you can imagine the rest.....

now my floor needs a very good wash, all our clothes are in the washer.... and they are not going to see paint for a good while... from now on.... crayons and markers only!

....... I cant wait for friday at 5:30...

Euphoric !
    LOL. Thanks for the good laugh I can just iamgine the scene

Euphoric !
    LOL! Oh dear....

And this is why we have wine

Outgoing
    omg that is so funny, did you take pictures.

I should of...! But I was worried that they would spread the paint more than they were allready doing so I just undressed them very fast!

Outgoing
    LOL! Love it! Love the idea of the cardboard house too - did you have one huge box or did you fashion together cardboard from smaller boxes?

We took 3 boxes and tapes them togetter.... I'lle take a picture after nap time to show you guys! It cost us a big 5$ for the tape and I think it's the ''toy'' that the children play the most with! the big kids play pretend inside... and the little one are having a blast with the door or playing peakaboo in the windows!

Euphoric !
    You sound like a really fun Mom/Daycare Provider. Glad you saw the humour in the mess!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Thanks Momof4! I was actually VERY upset when it happened.... not so much at the children... ( I mean.... Kids+standing+paint. .. you know something will go wrong ! ) but at myself for not realizing it would make that much of a mess..... But they had fun and the 3 yo is still talking about it this morning so..... Its all good
    Its a learning experience ahaha!

apples and bananas
    well... we all learn from our mistakes... today's lesson... Paint cardboard houses outside! LOL

I love that you attempted it. Sounds like they had a blast and you have a great story.