Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Parents tell me how many wipes to use?

Today when I was about to change one of my daycare kids diaper, the parents had put a note on the wipe case telling me to only use one for pee (which I do) and 1-3 for poop. I always go over 3 because this kid poops a lot twice a day, always in the morning. I don't even know how to address this because I think it's absolutely ridiculous. Any suggestions?

I would just brush it off. What are they going to do, not bring you wipes when you need more of them?

As you said, that is ridiculous. So much so, that I don't think I'd even be bothered to respond to her. If the next time you request wipes and she says something about how quickly you're going through them, then address the issue than.

I have a similar situation with two of my young ones...they poop frequently through the day and they are not "clean" poopers...sounds funny...but what I mean is I have one that poops out a nice ball of poop. The other two always have very soft poop that is in every knook and cranny...and takes lots of wipes to clean up.

I'll use anywhere from 1 - 3 wipes for poo and on the occassion I've even used 4.

If the parent ever said anything, explain that the child poops more than once and you are careful with the wipes but with that said, you'll use what you feel is necessary to clean the child and to keep your hands free and clear of poop.

Yes, they would stop bringing wipes...lol. They are very stingy for basically everything so I feel everything I use is measured by them. I'm sure they measure the formula when they get back home.

Outgoing
    It seems like they are being more concerned with the dollar value of wipes opposed to having their childs bum clean. do they really think you would use wipes if it were not NECESSARY to get poop off??
    it is ridiculous yes, and I agree with the other posts, throw the note out and forget about their request. Address it if they bring it up again. tell them that you do not leave bums dirty. Wow. they're nuts.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Yes, they would stop bringing wipes...lol. They are very stingy for basically everything so I feel everything I use is measured by them. I'm sure they measure the formula when they get back home.
    This is insane!!! So if they stopped bring wipes they would expect YOU to buy more for THEIR child?? Yikes. Boot them out for breach of contract if they do this. They are to supply wipes. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Yes, they would stop bringing wipes...lol. They are very stingy for basically everything so I feel everything I use is measured by them.
    If this does become the case that they will stop bringing you wipes, you provide the wipes, but charge them an arm and a leg for it. They don't like it, then you could always give them a warning.

As one of my dcparents told me about a reference call, I wouldn't change anything with the provider. My child gets excited when we drive into the subdivision, she's feed, has been napping, and gets loving care with toys to play with!

Maybe you could have a sit-down talk with these parents if that comes to the case where they won't provide you with any items. Is it in your manual that these parents have to provide you with wipes? Show them that, and that they've signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Play and Learn View Post
    If this does become the case that they will stop bringing you wipes, you provide the wipes, but charge them an arm and a leg for it. They don't like it, then you could always give them a warning.

As one of my dcparents told me about a reference call, I wouldn't change anything with the provider. My child gets excited when we drive into the subdivision, she's feed, has been napping, and gets loving care with toys to play with!

Maybe you could have a sit-down talk with these parents if that comes to the case where they won't provide you with any items. Is it in your manual that these parents have to provide you with wipes? Show them that, and that they've signed.
    It is in my manual that they provide wipes. Every day they bring just enough for the day in one of those little diaper bags wipe cases, so sometimes if the child poops 3 times, which happens frequently, they get the case empty. I think I'm just going to tell them I use what I need and that's that.

Expansive...
    LOL there really are all kinds of parents out there.

I have no idea how many wipes I use. I know that on some of the more soft BM kids I use probably 6-8 wipes easy. I don't count. I wipe until the job is done. I try to fold over and use the same wipe as much as possible but I am not prepared to get feces all over my hands just to budget wipes. We usually have to do diaper changes pretty quick so that is a consideration too.

I use baby wipes to wipe off little faces or hands sometimes too but I have never had a complaint that I am using too much.

I sent wipes every day to my daycare provider when I had one and I was mortified if she ever told me that she ran out. I would feed bad for her and my child.

The parents can probably get away with less because they have more time to fold over multiple times and are just changing one child and also it is their own child's BM They are dealing with but I think they should be able to have enough courtesy to think of your comfort and needs as a provider too

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Spixie33 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Spixie33 View Post
    LOL there really are all kinds of parents out there.

I have no idea how many wipes I use. I know that on some of the more soft BM kids I use probably 6-8 wipes easy. I don't count. I wipe until the job is done. I try to fold over and use the same wipe as much as possible but I am not prepared to get feces all over my hands just to budget wipes. We usually have to do diaper changes pretty quick so that is a consideration too.

I use baby wipes to wipe off little faces or hands sometimes too but I have never had a complaint that I am using too much.

I sent wipes every day to my daycare provider when I had one and I was mortified if she ever told me that she ran out. I would feed bad for her and my child.

The parents can probably get away with less because they have more time to fold over multiple times and are just changing one child and also it is their own child's BM They are dealing with but I think they should be able to have enough courtesy to think of your comfort and needs as a provider too
    I totally agree! That is ridiculous! Not only should they be concerned with their child's comfort and yours, but also the health conditions! If you are trying to save wipes and end up with feces on your hands because of it, the chances of spreading disease is much greater even if you wash your hands. Plus, if I am out at the park I am extra careful not to get any on my hands and then I use an extra wipe to clean my hands plus some hand sanitizer after that. I am sure that I frequently use at least 4 or 5 on those kids who have soft poops and some of them poop multiple times a day. All my parents are more than happy to replenish supplies when I tell them they are low (they send bulk supplies and I tell them when I need more rather than daily). If the parents really want to save money they could use cloth diapers and cloth wipes (I use them and so do most of my daycare kids), but I still use the regular wipes for outings or giant poopy clean-ups.