Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A good day

Euphoric !

A good day

Just when I was wondering if I had made the right choice to open a daycare

1) The 3 yo dcb had a dentist appt this morning so I got to sleep in and I didn't have to do the b&a drop off for his brother.

2) The dcb is currently napping!!! This is big. I promised him a surprise if he took a nap and now I need to figure out what that will be. Heh heh, I don't like to reward with food but a special game/activity won't cut it for this kid. Hmmm...ideas?

3) I am going on the first "date" with my husband in a long time (like we are talking August when we went to a wedding sans kids) tomorrow night.

Yeah Friday!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

apples and bananas
    YEAH Friday is right. Hooray for nap time! What about blowing up balloons and letting him throw them around. Or maybe do you have an activity book you can make available for special rewards? Maybe some unexpected outdoor time this afternoon?

Enjoy your date! Every second friday in my house and it's awesome!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Woohoo! That is great! I agree...food is not a good precident to set as a reward. What about a movie? Or a new fun activity you have never done with him before? Something really gross and messy like some cornstarch goop or something like that (most boys love messy stuff)? Things will be ever so much better if he starts napping every day

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yeah I just feel so much better/re-energized just having that break and separation from him and the daycare space.

Euphoric !
    I think the balloons will work for us. We only have a quick break before we have to go pick up his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    Something really gross and messy like some cornstarch goop or something like that (most boys love messy stuff)?
    Mind sharing the cornstarch goop recipe? Sounds like a cool wknd activity with my own 2 boys!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    I will admit that I have not actually tried this, but have been wanting to. I think I will wait for summer or at least spring when we can do it outside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uhCpMVfvAc

Looks pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    Mind sharing the cornstarch goop recipe? Sounds like a cool wknd activity with my own 2 boys!

apples and bananas
    I did the cornstarch goop. It was fun. I even had fun playing with it. It's just water and cornstarch. Just enough to make it goopy, not enough to make it watery. If they pick it up it goes to liquid, but if you hit it with a fist it's hard. Boys love it!