Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Alberta Daycare Insurance ???

I have called around reguarding private day home coverage in Alberta, and have gotten confused over it all. What would the insurance ryder be called that I need? Can any of you lady's share who you are covered through, # of children and cost? I don't know if its the time of day that I am calling but the brokers I have talked to have seemd to be inconsistant with the info.Rates are very expensive with some or cheap with others.One told me I need to be through an agency.
    Any advice at all would be great!

We went with State Farm and they are not too expensive. We did have to switch everything over to them, though (home and auto).

In Ontario the Ryder for home daycare does not offer any kind of coverage that is worth the extra money. In the event that something bad should ever happen for example child gets hurt and a parent sued you, you would not have adequate insurance. Make sure to read your policy and even enquire about commercial liability insurance instead for businesses.

I was also with State Farm and upon a closer look at my policy it showed that it was not sufficient.