Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

New daycare girl blues

HELLO DAYCARE LADIES

I had a lil girl 12 month start 2 weeks ago the first week was heaven she was so happy played quietly she fit right in with our schedual and more, last week she was sick ear infection was super whinny and needy and i thought she's sick next week will be better....nope I leave the room she cries, my son 2 years old sits on my lap she cries....if my hubby walks by she cries, she pretty much cries unless i'm holding her (which we all know doesnt work in a daycare situation) or sitting right beside her during play........Is it normal for them to revert like that i know it takes time but it is weird her first week was perfect, I decided to ignore her and redirect her to play ect don't want to play into her crying any advice or answers?

Euphoric !
    Just with anything the novelty wears off. She has come to realize that daycare is here to stay and she needs to grieve a bit and realize she can't change it - exactly what you are doing of not giving anything special just going about the normal day - and she should come around. Expect her protests to get a bit worse before they get better but by staying more or less hands off you are teaching her to look to herself (not mom) for security and contentment.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yep, hard as that can be, you just need to go about your regular routine. Hope it gets better soon!!

Euphoric !
    I also send you hope that it gets better quickly. I was just saying to the Dad of my newbie cryer at pickup today that sometimes it gets worse before it gets better when the little one realizes that coming here for a day or two was ok but it's lasting a lot longer. I agree with Playfelt.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.