Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Unhappy Just received a call :-(

so I had a feeling it was coming but I just received the "hi I know it's the 1st of the month tomorrow and I said I would come and pay you but I am quite unhappy that I have to pay stat holidays so ******* wont be coming any more. Thanks for your help" phone call. I'm a bit upset more because this is really the first time I have had to stand up for my contract and this was the result . I feel like I deserve a bit more respect than to be dropped because YOU didn't read the booklet that I provide laying out all my terms before you signed the contract!! Sorry rant over, I am also going to miss them they were a pretty cool family

Sorry to hear that Calgarymom...but Then they weren't really a "cool family" if they pull the "we won't be paying you for a stat holiday that was in thier contract anyway. Good riddance. This is why I have started to collect a two week deposit from all new families that come thru my daycare. This way I am not out of pocket if someone decides to "change my rules" don't think so

I hate dc parents that think the "rules" don't apply to them. I hope you let the door hit them in the arse on the way out!!!

In my area (East of Ottawa), everyone charges stats so... its hard to find a place that wont ! One thing they can argue with me would be my vaca but thats that and I charge less fees daily then most daycare so...

Oh yeah, hope you had a deposit at all ???

apples and bananas
    I'm so sorry that's happened to you.

Let me ask you something... when you started this family did you sit down and go through the policies book with them? Did you verbally tell them that they would have to pay for stats?

I think that the best way to avoid these type of situations is to have full disclosure before they sign on.

I don't charge for stats, it gives me a let up over my competition in the area, however, I think if you have reviewed your book with the client and make sure they understand every bit of it it's just rude to not follow it.

I hope you fill the space quickly and with someone that respects you a little bit more.

It throws you for a loop when clients just up and leave doesn't it? Sorry this happened to you, and hope you replace them soon.
    That said, we have to learn from these incidents so I hope (if you didn't) next time you get a deposit. I would also get them to initial all payment requirement portions of your contract so they will think twice before they pull this type of stunt. Obviously, they have been planning on leaving and have someone new and did not have the courtesy to give you proper notice. Do they not get they are screwing up the income you depend on?
    Good riddance!

Euphoric !
    Well, if they are that disrespectful of you and your policies then I say good riddance! I know it hurts financially as you will have a gap in income now while you look for a new family, but this is ridiculous! Did they read the contract? Did you ever discuss that stats would be paid when they first signed on? I always discuss this in the interview so it is all out front and then I send them my contract and policies by email after the interview and once they have read it, they (and I) decide if we want to proceed to signing the contract (and bringing the deposit cheque). You will find someone who appreciates you enough to follow your policies. Most people get paid for stats, why shouldn't we?

Outgoing
    the entitlement some people feel just astounds me! I second the pp, with good riddance! You deserve dcf who respect you and your policies

That's horrible! I had a family who have complained about one thing or another since they started. Paid time off at Christmas was one of them even though it is stated quite clearly in my handbook that I am closed with pay at Christmas for the week. I have some very wonderful parents in my day home here in Calgary but have had some "winners" as well :S

Most of the dayhomes I know in my area of Calgary charge for stats and have paid holidays. Most likely the family will also get paid for stats, if they were penny pinching over a stat, they would be nickle and diming over everything.

It stinks that they did not give notice, but in the long run it will be better for you. And you can find a family who will give you the respect that you deserve.

Euphoric !
    Holy crap! Did you have a deposit or are you just out the income now? How rude! Do you have somebody waiting in line to take the space? I hope so!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.