Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shy
    And how long should I leave them cry? I was used to my kids sleeping 3 hours or so at nap (and most of the daycare kids I have at that age) but since they are crying the whole time how long is to long?

Outgoing
    Naptime here is from 12h30 to 2h30...I've let them crie the entire time. Ofcourse after I did the 5-10-15 I did inform the parents that the child will need to cry it out but I still check on them. So far the parents were ok with it. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Try to borrow and ipad or something. Or if it's nice ... just get out the door for 15 minutes. You gotta give yourself a break.

apples and bananas
    I had a child start once that screamed, jumped up and down, hit the bottom of his play pen, through all of his blankets out for the entire nap time. At first I continued to go in, lay him down and remind him it's night night. My mistake... I stopped. I turned the monitor off. ( I could still hear him LOL ) and I enjoyed my quiet time. The other kids learned to sleep through it and now this one will sleep for a solid 3 hours if I let him. It took a month of sleeping no more then 20 min at a time and crying for the rest to get to this point. Now, he waves to me, says night night and that's it. When I go to get him he stands up and claps as if to say "yay! you've come to get me" LOL

stick with the crying it out. They don't do it forever.