Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Does it annoy you when you know providers can charge more for the same service?

I am just curious if it annoys people when someone just as qualified as you can charge twice as much just because of the city they live in?

I was thinking about this today reading another post about rates. I live in Toronto and we can charge $55-65 per day as an average. It would make me mad to get $30-$35 per day for the same job! It just seems unfair. However I understand that the cost of living is higher in some cities (my mortgage is probably a lot higher then most). Just saying...

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    I am just curious if it annoys people when someone just as qualified as you can charge twice as much just because of the city they live in?

I was thinking about this today reading another post about rates. I live in Toronto and we can charge $55-65 per day as an average. It would make me mad to get $30-$35 per day for the same job! It just seems unfair. However I understand that the cost of living is higher in some cities (my mortgage is probably a lot higher then most). Just saying...
    that was for two kids
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer

Yes, the next city beside mine d/c's charge $10.00 more per day. It is more affluent, but now my city is seeing a surge of the well to do because of lack of real estate in the other...........so in Sept I am raising my rates.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post

I don't mind. I charge $32/day for full time and $35/day for part time so you are making double what I make. However, my son lives in Toronto in the beaches area down on Queens by the lake and I KNOW what he pays for rent!!! It's 3 times what I pay for rent. So I do NOT begrudge you the prices you charge.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    I think it generally is on par with cost of living. Even within one city, rates vary by neighbourhood, but so do house prices and rent fees...so it is all relative. I would not be able to afford to charge only $35 per day with my big mortgage, but because I have a big house with a big daycare space in a good neighbourhood, I am able to charge more (although certainly not as much as you in Toronto).

Euphoric !
    I'd love to make that and drool a little when I see those numbers, but we'd never be able to pull them off where I live. I charge $39 now for existing clients who followed me from the old location and a couple new ones to quickly fill spaces. Those spots are going up to $40 in Sept. However, new spaces are now going for $41. I'm told upper end prices here are around $45, so I'm still middle of the road.

Starting to feel at home...
    Yeah I only get $30 a day. Wow I would love to be get 40 or 50! That would be awesome! I didn't even know people would pay that much for child care. I live in Corner Brook NL and its pretty much the same all over the province.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DeeDee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I'm 40/day and a 7 min drive away is 45-50/day and it is not an affluent neighbourhood I think it's just the demand .... I'm currently full and don't expect to be looking for a client any time soon but when I take in a new family the rates are going up.

I charge 35$ which is the norm around here, but if pick up is before 4:30 I charge 30$. All my parents get here before 4:30 they actually rush sometimes I think cause they feel outta breath when its 4:29. They know that at 4:31 the fee is 35$ thought... I dont play with the minutes and some actually gave me the attitude a few time, like WTF !!! Get over it dude ! They get here at 4:40 and they say sorry I'm late ?!? I say : you are not late I close at 5 lolll Just goes to show you how much they enjoy saving money on daycare cause its so expensive. Some are from another ''city'' (more like a village) just cause in their area, daycares are almost 20$ more then here and thats just 10 minutes away !!

Yeah by doing that I do get alot less income but I do love finishing early, is it worth the money sacrifice... I see other providers near me finishes at 6 so, no I like my way !