Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

I've decided to close

Hi ladies,

After thinking about it, I've decided to close my daycare for a bunch of reasons. I'm sitting here typing up an e-mail that I'm going to send to the parents. I'll follow it up with a phone call. I'm really not looking forward to the reactions. The families I have are all so great and I love them all. They're going to be so upset. I feel like I'm "breaking up" with them, you know?

Anyway, I just wanted to share. You guys have all been so awesome and I've gotten such good advice here. Thank you!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jazmic For This Useful Post:

apples and bananas
    I'm so sorry that you've come to that decision. I hope wonderful things are on the horizon for you.

Do you mind me asking why you decided to close?

I am sorry to here that! I am sure you feel it is for the best though. I wish you all the best with your new adventure
    "If we all could see the world through the eyes of a child, we would see the magic in everything!" - Chee Vai Tang

Please if you can, can you share with me how the parents took it after ? If they were rude to you ?? or understanding ??

It is said we can have 6-10 different careers in our lifetime. I hope your next one makes you feel complete, happy and content. You will be missed.

Outgoing
    Well good for your fo taking this scary step and beeing able to make drastic change that will make you happier in life. I assume this is why you are closing.

I wish you very understanding parents and that your transition goes smoothly. GOOD LUCK !!

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    It is said we can have 6-10 different careers in our lifetime. I hope your next one makes you feel complete, happy and content. You will be missed.
    This is true. It's never easy closing a chapter in your life. Good luck in your future ventures and check in from time to time. I have an old friend who did daycare 10+ years ago. She laughs at my daycare stories cause she went thru very similar things (as we all do on this board

@Apples I was just beginning to feel to cooped up in here and I think I'm suffering a bit from burn out. So I thought it would be best to close for now. I might decide to reopen at some point in the future, but I'm nowhere near making that decision yet.

@ Princess - I haven't told them yet. I'm hoping they'll be understanding when I do. I'm really nervous about it, because they've been truly great. But I need to do what's best for me at this point.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jazmic For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I've changed careers a few times in my life and change is good sometimes. I wish you all the best in the new chapter in your life and a smooth transition from daycare. Do you have a new job lined up? Or can you take some time to relax for a while? Wishing you success.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

I recently closed my daycare and told all my parents personally at the end of the day, on a Friday. I did write them all a letter explaining why and giving them the details of the closure date and such. My parents took it well, some moms did get teary eyed. On my last day we all shed a few tears. My advice is do what is best for you and your family.