Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

As a provider and professional

Just curious, as a provider and professional running your own home business, are you ladies open with dcparents about the other children in your care if you had or have any issues with other dck's? I guess the professional side of me says no but the human side of me says that dcp should be aware of any issues with other dck since their child spends their days together. For example, lets say Johnny has tendency to bite... Would you make other parents aware of this issue? Please don't read into this too much as it is simply an example. Thanks

Euphoric !
    Well, if little Johnny actually bit another child, then I would have to tell that child's parents about the incedent and how I plan to keep it from happening again. I only tell parents about other children's issues if it directly affects them. Otherwise, I would feel it is not professional and infringes on the privacy of the child you are talking about.

If he bits their child yes. If not no. If it doesn't affect their kid then I don't. But if it does then I do.

Outgoing
    No I don't discuss the other kids with the parents.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer

I would NEVER discuss a child or family with another child or family unless it directly affects the care their child receives. Even then I would never give up who I was actually speaking about if possible.

I know we work in small groups and sometimes it is super simply for parents to figure out who I am talking about but even if they did figure it out, I would never confirm it.

Euphoric !
    Only if it directly affects their child (as in; Johnny bit Joey and this is how it was handled. Incident report form that lists everyone involved and all parents sign it.)
    Otherwise, no.

Euphoric !
    I'm with the other ladies. It's client confidentiality at work so best not to share one family's situation with another unless it affects their own child.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.