Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Story inspired craft- The Very Hungry Caterpillar

My toddler group loves when we do story inspired crafts! Linking the book to the craft just really gets them excited! This week we did The Very Hungry Caterpillar and I wanted to share our craft- too cute! Of course I helped a lot but they were all so excited to use their TOES to make the caterpillar! Parents loved this one as well!

IMG_3511.jpg

apples and bananas
    Looks great and sounds like a lot of messy fun. I have not attempted the foot crafts yet... I'm thinking of working on a foot butterfly for mothers day. nervous about how they're going to take the feet in the paint,.

Haha I was just going to say the same Apples... thats what I am going to do for mother's day : The boot butterfly

I did the caterpillar with 4 babies, 3 toddlers and a 7 ear old with Autism and all of them turned out amazing! I did it over a few day though lol

Euphoric !
    I saw your post and did the same craft today with my kids. Only took a second to set everything up and they look awesome. Thanks for the idea.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Very cute craft, and one of my daughter's very favorite stories too! Almost all of our crafts are story-inspired at my house - I am a bit crazy for books. But the kids do get excited to make something related to our story

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SongSparrow For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    If you want to avoid the paint for making a foot butterfly what about just tracing their feet and cutting them out of fancy scrapbooking paper or glitter paper - buying the large shiny gift bags at the dollar store just for the shiny paper is the cheapest. The kids love standing on plain paper while I trace and gigggle around the toes. Then tell them when they are sleepign I am going to turn their traced feet into somethign special - then transfer the shapes and cut from the fancy paper. Then after nap we finish them up. We have done hands - two of each for butterflies too with one foot as the body of the butterfly. That could be used for mother`s day and attach to something.