Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home... jammiesandtea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    Welcome. I like you already because I'm done work, in my jammies and drinking tea, hahahaha. You are so lucky because we have so many wonderful members in the Ottawa area on this site. You are going to do just great. Hope you share lots of good experiences with us.
    Thanks so much, Momof4! I've gotten so much from reading a lot of threads here already. I love this forum; I can see it being such a godsend for advice and support in a line of work that is otherwise very isolating. I look forward to sharing with all of you wonderful ladies!

Euphoric !
    Hey, playfelt, I don't see the May 5th one on the CCPRN calendar.....will it be at the office or at your house? I wanted to go to the April one, but I am already registered for quite a few workshops that month and just can't do it all! Was hoping you'd have one at your house soon as it is so much closer for me

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Sunday April 7: We are doing a felt set that can be used to tell the story of Peter Rabbit in McGregors garden in the morning and a set of creepy crawlies - bugs, snake, worm, etc in the afternoon.

Sunday May 5: It will be a make your own workshop day in that there will be small kits to pick from with help to make what is in them and there will also be the option for 5 larger sets as sort of a catch up for people that missed them in past years - sets that go with very hungry caterpillar, rainbow fish, coloured fish, a gardening set, and a strawberry based story set.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    Hey, playfelt, I don't see the May 5th one on the CCPRN calendar.....will it be at the office or at your house? I wanted to go to the April one, but I am already registered for quite a few workshops that month and just can't do it all! Was hoping you'd have one at your house soon as it is so much closer for me
    The May 5 one is at the office but anytime you want to come hang out we can do that. I love having an excuse to hang out with felt stuff.

I had originally planned to have the strawberry story at my place in June so we could do it during the week but then added it to the May one. We found once long weekend in May comes and cottages open that getting providers out on a weekend was next to impossible.

What I could do is pick a date in early June at my house for anyone that "missed" other workshop times and can make up whatever kit they want or they could choose from those left from May 5 morning.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    That would be great Playfelt! I bet my provider neighbour would come too...she said she'd like to go to some workshops with me

Euphoric !
    I always want to move to Ottawa when you ladies do this!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Maybe we could make it a Saturday and invite out of towners too,lol. CCPRN has a board on pinterest and they have some really neat ideas posted on there you might want to check out too of things you can do with the kids. I am hoping to make the ribbons through the tin game next week.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Thanks playfelt, lol!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

barrhavenite here too

been in barrhaven for almost 16 years, been doing daycare that long too.

welcome jammiesandtea, whereabouts in the haven are you located? I am near strandherd and jockvale (home depot area)

maybe we could do some meet ups in the summer? I always like to check out new parks with the chiclets

who said they were selling stuff? are you allowed to post pics or can you pm me

Starting to feel at home... jammiesandtea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by notaunicorn View Post
    been in barrhaven for almost 16 years, been doing daycare that long too.

welcome jammiesandtea, whereabouts in the haven are you located? I am near strandherd and jockvale (home depot area)

maybe we could do some meet ups in the summer? I always like to check out new parks with the chiclets

who said they were selling stuff? are you allowed to post pics or can you pm me

Hi notaunicorn! I'd love to do some meet ups with the kiddies. There is a park a couple blocks from here, that I thought looked good. I pm'd you.

It's jazmic that is closing and may have stuff for sale, but she hasn't determined what she is getting rid of yet so she'll let us know if she does.

Are you all full or do have spots you are trying to fill?
    Last edited by jammiesandtea; 09-06-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Starting to feel at home...
    Hi JammiesandTea - welcome to the water cooler ! I'm out in Bridlewood, but I used to live in Barhaven.