Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Post your daily craft

For those of us who do crafts with the kids, I thought it would be neat to post what we are doing. It might help those of us struggling with new ideas!!

Outgoing
    All my kids are under 3 so only one of my girls makes crafts with me. We usually paint with crayols paint, i will ask her what she wants to paint, and she may say "a cow" so i draw a pic of a cow on blank paper and let her 'paint' it in. I also draw up fathers day and mothers day cards for her to colour or paint in. It is very limited what we can do, but I am hoping to get some 4 year olds in August so they will be able to participate and enjoy crafts more.
    Other craft ideas would be much appreciated by me as well

Most crafts that I do with my little ones (4 all under the age of 2) are 'hands and feet' crafts.

Two of my personal favourite books:
    1. Arts and Crafts for All Seasons http://www.amazon.com/crafts-seasons.../dp/1562342053
    2. Handprints, Footprints and Holidays! http://www.amazon.com/Handprints-Foo.../dp/1420651404

And a great website: http://funhandprintart.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Play and Learn; 06-24-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Outgoing
    My little ones 10 mths, 17 mths, 15 mths, 2, 2 1/2 and 3 1/2. I've got a range of them and they are all on the young side but I still like to do crafts when possible. It doesn't happen very often but it's a nice change of pace. The 2-31/2 get excited but its a big tougher with the younger ones.

Today we are doing "Modern Art"

We are putting glue on a paper plate and then taking small items like pasta, cereal, cut up straws, shredded paper, glitter glue and whatever else I can find in the next few minutes and putting it randomly on the plate. Easy enough ...hopefully!!

Expansive...
    Today we did pet rocks! It was really fun!

Euphoric !
    Mine do a lot of colouring a picture that goes with whatever the theme is or related to the book we read and then I have something cut from construction paper for them to glue on. I have all under 3 and while the one can glue I find it is just easier to go around the circle and use a glue stick to put glue on an item and hand it to them and they stick it on their picture. This week we did a picture of a man in a boat fishing and I gave them fish to glue on. I had diecut a big bag of fish with the idea of making some teaching resources so as I went around the group they got to name a colour and I gave them that colour. We also coloured caterpillars for the book very hungry caterpillar. I also do a lot where I print a picture on part of the page and then they have plenty of room to colour their own thing around it or encourage them to turn the paper over and draw on the back and if some draw first and ignore the picture that is fine since the parents still learn what we are talking about. This allows them to have the creativity they want. Colouring in the caterpillar is still a form of creativity because they are free to do it any way they want.

Outgoing
    Today or tomorrow we are going to make Canadian Flags in honor of Canada Day.

I am going to print maple leafs and have the kids color them red. Then we'll attach them to some white paper and add some red strips on the side. Then we'll glue them to candy or popsicle sticks and possibly add some sparkles.

Euphoric !
    We colored..... lol.
    That is all we were capable of doing today. The toddlers were ALL super owly, and as it is, I spent the entire time reminding them to color on their own paper please, and that we don't throw crayons at our friends faces, or attempt to jab them in the hands!
    Just one of them days, I guess!