Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3rd world war?

Starting to feel at home...

3rd world war?

What do you guys do with toys that creates a full out 3rd world war? I've took it way for weeks at the time and everytime i take out our leapfrog mini-laptop toy... they scream , fight and it always end up with my son crying since he's the youngest one.....

should I just remove it permanently? keep on trying?

If its causing that much trouble, just remove it. Your kids can play with it during non-daycare hours. i would not try again with the daycare for at least 4 to 5 months if at all, its not worth the trouble.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I remove it ! But I also use a timer and set it for 5 minutes. The kdis get it and when it goes off the give it to the next player. They learn how to take turns and the pretty much respect the rules. But when I dont really have time or when even that doesn't seem to work I take the toy away.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to crafty For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I like to do stations with the most popular toys, that are really meant to play one child at a time. They all sit apart and they all start with a toy, either by their choice or by assigning them to a spot and like crafty I put a 5-10 min timer (depending on the ages) and then they switch stations. My kids love it and it is so good for days were they simply don't get along.

Euphoric !
    I would either remove it completely or buy 2 or 3 of them so that a few kids can play at a time. I have 3 different laptop type toys for different ages and when the kids want to play, 3 is enough for all the oldest kids to play with them and then give a turn to the littlest if they want (the babies don't tend to care as much).

Euphoric !
    I like the stations ideas

Outgoing
    I don't have any screen toys, battery toys, or toys that DO anything. That nearly eliminates fight toys. There are a few other kinds of toys that can end up being fight or hoarding toys (like baskets or push toys) but most fight toys DO something.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer