Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Before and/or After School Care - Charge?

What do you charge for Before and After School Care?
    What do you charge for just After School Care with a pick up from school?
    Does your amount depend on whether you drop or pick them up from school?
    How much would you charge, if it was before school for less then an hour and you had to walk them to school?
    Last edited by kudos; 03-08-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Euphoric !
    Depends where you live. I charge the same for before and after or just aftercare as they are taking a spot. I charge $25 per day. I am in Toronto though and this is the going rate. Just a warning, it is a lot of work for little pay. I have one b&a child and when he leaves in June I am not doing it any longer (and I live across from the school and thought it would be easy money!)

I charge $100/week which works out to be $20/day. this does not depend on weather or not I do school/bus runs.
    This year I do not do school runs or bus pick ups. the children I have are old enough to walk to and from the school (across the street) on their own.

Next year my oldest will be starting school so I will be doing school runs. I flat out refuse to stand and wait for a bus.

for just after school or just before school I change the same as above. My spot is for both b&a school, how much of it they use of it is up to them.

Shy
    I bases my charges on $6 an hour for before school and a flat rate of $12 for afterschool care. I walk to pick up the kids, but I am really close to the schools. I charge the flat rate of $12 because most of the kids need two hours of care afterschool. Plus it take care of the problems of families who want a spot for only a short time. I have one teacher who wanted to pay me only $3 to pick her kids up at the bus, walk then home, feed them snack and then have her pick them up 15 minutes after they were done eating. No thank you! The teacher agreed to pay the $12 because she couldn't find any dayhome willing to take her kids for $3.

Outgoing
    Three dollars? WOW! And that was for more than one kid? No wonder she didn't find anyone willing to do that.

Starting to feel at home... jammiesandtea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetolive View Post
    I have one teacher who wanted to pay me only $3 to pick her kids up at the bus, walk then home, feed them snack and then have her pick them up 15 minutes after they were done eating. No thank you! The teacher agreed to pay the $12 because she couldn't find any dayhome willing to take her kids for $3.

Three dollars is insultingly ridiculous. A school-aged kid would cost that just in what they'd eat at snack!

Starting to feel at home...
    That's crazy - I think I would have told her that I am a caregiver, and this is a job - not a volunteer position.