Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Starting to feel at home...
    My daycare kids are part-time and I go by the parents work schedules so it's different days each week. Sometimes it's day by day, so here is today's menu!

Am. Snack
    Cubed cheese
    Apples
    Juice

Lunch
    Ham
    Mashed potatoes
    corn
    milk to drink

pm. snack
    carrot/ cucumber slices
    veggie onion dip
    water to drink

Euphoric !
    I don't make a menu any more because none of the parents really cared about it. They trust that their children are getting great, nutritious meals with me. I serve a lot of certified organically grown food and juice with breakfast which is usually 2 items. Here's a sample of how I feed the children. Today was pancakes and blueberries. I serve milk with lunch and afternoon snack. Today lunch will be turkey sausages, cucumbers, brocolli, tortilla rolled up with cream cheese and sliced into pinwheels, pears & kiwis. Afternoon snack will be cheese slices & red & green pepper strips. Tomorrow's lunch will be chicken and veggies in the crockpot with a grain item and fruit. Lunch is our big meal every day. Canned or prepackaged foods are used rarely here, mostly the bread items.

Shy
    Breakfast choices: (although most of the time my dck are feed breakfast before they come, sometimes they need a top up or missed it due to sleeping in): Oatmeal mixed with applesauce and fruit, toast with peanut butter/jam/butter/almond butter/etc, hardboiled eggs and fruit.

Morning snack M-F: 4 different fruits. I serve my snacks buffet style where they can choose what they want to eat. I have never had a problem with a picky eater because of it because I feel that picky eating is either 1) they are not exposed to healthy options at home or often enough and 2) it's a power thing and they like to make their own decisions. I just place the snacks on a small table in the play room and they can graze during our morning learning time. I leave morning snack out until lunch time, that way when we get in from outside, they can munch if they feel too hungry to wait until lunch. It also curbs whining and grumpinees caused from being hungry since toddlers and small children are habitual grazers. I also still find they eat their lunch, maybe not quite as much, but they put in a good effort.

Lunch

Monday: Pita pizzas and yogurt. As a craft, I let the children make their own pizzas and put a variety of ingredients out to choose from. They enjoyed this very much.

Tuesday: Grilled cheese and pea soup. A favorite over here.

Wednesday: Breakfast for lunch: Bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, toast, and oranges. Also a crowd pleaser.

Thursday: Tuna Casserole. One of my guys did not like the casserole but he did try it which is the important part so i made him a grilled PB and banana sandwich as a reward.

Friday: Pesto Pasta with tomatoes, chicken, and goats cheese/ Yogurt for dessert.

Afternoon snack M-F: Again, I serve this buffet style and I mix it up. I always serve veggies and a vegetable based dip (homemeade) or guacamole (homemade) and a whole wheat cracker or pita chip. If there wasn`t any meat served at lunch, I place some salami or pita and hummus sandwiches out.

Some other snack ideas I place out are celery with cream cheese in the middle, jam and cream cheese rolled in whole wheat pitas, raisins, cheese, homemade granola bars, goldfish, etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pip_Squeaks For This Useful Post:

Thanks a lot:-) This is an awesome site. I was always concerned about the menus..love it.
    I am not running daycare but I want to do this for my two little girls, one is 3 years old and the other one is 14 months.