Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Late fees

Yes I like having no grace period and keeping it at my discretion. With this women I think it's cause she does running around or is at home cause when I mention late fees kicking in she's here within minutes. Some people. I don't get much time with just my kids after daycare and before they go to bed so it irritates me someone is taking that away.

Euphoric !
    I don't see any reason why she can't pick up her child and spend the extra 15 minutes running around doing errands WITH her child so that you can be done work on time. You have a right to be irritated. Now go put your foot down and let us know how it goes!!!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    My contract says I can make a change to the contract with a two week notice to allow the change to come in to effect. So if it were me I would do a letter to post on the door stating that effective xxxx the late fee will change as follows:
    There will be no more grace period and after 5pm you will be charged $1/ min for the first 10 mins and then $5/min after that. Repetitive lateness will result in termination.
    Last edited by Crayola kiddies; 03-11-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Starting to feel at home...
    Jeez, I am the meanie of the group.

My late policy simply says "Don't do it".

It is grounds for immediate termination.

Now obviously if something big were going on and a parent absolutely couldn't make it on time, they would have to call me and let me know in ADVANCE (and not just show up late) and then I will handle each situation individually based on my relationship with the family and the situation.

My policy must be working because I haven't had one single late pick up.

I like posting a letter saying that things are changing. Is it too informal to send out an email ? I like saying repetitive late pick ups will result in termination. Thanks for the ideas. Kelly do the parents ever find your contract too harsh ? I'm just wondering what reaction you got

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy View Post
    I like posting a letter saying that things are changing. Is it too informal to send out an email ? I like saying repetitive late pick ups will result in termination. Thanks for the ideas. Kelly do the parents ever find your contract too harsh ? I'm just wondering what reaction you got
    I would post it on your door or your bulletin board or something like that and have each parent initial it and that way they cant say they didn't get it and also the offending parent wont think they are the only ones to get it.