Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Short-term clients

So I got a weird inquiry for daycare services from a couple in Holland looking for short-term care while in Toronto for work for 2 months. My mind instantly thought it was a scam but responded anyways as I didn't think it would be a very good scam (after all, daycare providers aren't rich). So after email correspondence with the couple, I have agreed to take their 3 yo son for 2 months at an increased fee. They are to wire me the deposit before I will hold a spot for them. If it all works out I think this could be very cool and exciting for me and the kids. Once everything is confirmed then we will learn about Holland and the little boy before he comes to get the kids even more excited. Bonus that he's 3 as my girl and dcb are both 3 as well.

Euphoric !
    Delete that fast, you will get this kind of scam from all over the world. Do not reply ever. We've been getting them for years. You give them money, they cash it, whatever they send you isn't cashable, something like that, a total scam.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Agree. It is a scam. I have been receiving those emails since long time and still keep getting them.

Euphoric !
    Well I thought it was a scam as well until I started speaking with them. What is the risk to me if I am not giving them any money?

Euphoric !
    Just to clarify. I also did my due diligence. I called my bank, asked what information they would need to wire money to me and asked if there was any risk to me by providing these numbers etc. They said there is no risk to me.

I think as long as you are not sending money and not sharing personal information (that could be used for identity theft) I do not see how they can scam you. Anyways, I still would be cautious since this is usually the way scammers try to get you.

Euphoric !
    The normal is that they send you more than what you agreed to and then they ask for the extra to be sent back. Then before the full transaction takes place it turns out the money they were sending you was bogus so your bank deletes it from your account but by then your personal money has been sent from your bank back to the couple. This is a scam for sure.

If you do go through with it do not under any circumstances have further dealings with them until they actually get here - ie if they are due a refund tell them they will get it when they get here.

Euphoric !
    Yup scam for sure I had one contact me .... Small details change suddenly and they will send you more then you ask for and want you to send what left somewhere else or back to them.... Really ... Who would leave their children with someone they've never met. Generally someone with hat kind of money would bring a nanny

Trace of Angels
    Did they ask for and contact all of your references? Would you normally take a child that you have never met? If they want to send you money why don't the e-mail transfer you the money? In todays day and age that is much safer no? Can they get on Skype so that you could meet them and their child? It sounds like a scam to me.........be cautious :-)

apples and bananas
    I've received these emails as well. Usually they say they are on a mission trip in my area.

I would not be accepting money prior to meeting the family. And I have trouble beleiveing a family would find me and put a deposit down to use me without meeting me.

I would delete the messages and move one with no further contact.