Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grrrrrrrrrrrr new clients havn't even started and already on my bad side.

I have a family starting next week (through an agency). they were suppose to come by yesterday to fill out my paperwork. They did not show. I thought that maybe they forgot about the time change, it happens. I waited an extra 1 1/2 hours, still no show. No phone call, no email nothing.

they are through an agency so I can not just terminate them. My plan is to email them, to let them know what they need to bring on their first day and to tell them that they will need to take a few minutes to sign the paperwork before they can leave their child. The forms i want them to fill out are: 1 for playgroup, one stating that they are aware that i am not peanut free and its ok to give their child peanut butter. We have playgroup on Mondays and need that form filled out before we can go. I don't want any child here unless I have permission in writing that its ok for the child to be around peanuts etc.

I am just not sure how to word the email. I don't want them coming early.

my hours are 7 to 5, but the contract they signed with the agency says 7:30 to 4:30.

Any suggestions?

Starting to feel at home...
    They seem very inconsiderate- I don't know about the agency, but you should tell the agency about their no-show and when you see them, be sure to inform them that in the future, you would appreciate a phone call if they are not showing up,,, how rude! If you don't want them coming early, tell them to come the evening before to sign your papers,,, Good luck!

the agency doesn't care, all of their paperwork is signed. this is just one of many reasons why I want to get rid of the agencies.

Euphoric !
    I hope they show up Bluerose, it's unforgiveable to be so rude in my opinion. They better show up with candy and flowers and a big I'm Sorry card for you!!! Can you see that happening?
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    I hope they show up Bluerose, it's unforgiveable to be so rude in my opinion. They better show up with candy and flowers and a big I'm Sorry card for you!!! Can you see that happening?
    lol. that would be nice, but I really don't see that happening. if everything goes the way i plan, then they will be gone by September. (the clients and the agencies) I just have to find 2 private clients to start in Sept. and all will be ok.

Starting to feel at home...
    How about this as an email?

Hi (inconsiderate family),
    I am hoping some wires got crossed yesterday, as you missed our meeting to sign my paperwork. I hope everything is all right and we are still good to start on Tuesday.

Attached please find copies of the forms needed for entrance tomorrow morning. These forms must be printed, signed, and completed in full before entrance will be granted to my daycare. I have received the agency request for your contracted hours and therefore will expect you tomorrow at 7:30 with the above information and necessary supplies.

Please email if you have any questions.

Thank you,
    DcProvider.

This way you are setting an expectation that they will be turned away without the info. And then turn them away when they do not have the paperwork at drop off. Treat your day as normal. If they are not back in time with the papers to go to playgroup, then go without her. Don't let them waste any more of their time. You asking something perfectly reasonable and you have given them all the info to fill out so there is really no excuse. I would have serious issues if the agency gave me trouble over getting paperwork that protects me AND them in case of anything happening.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ladyjbug For This Useful Post:

The agency has told me that I have to let them in weather or not they sign my paperwork. In fact the agency is now telling me that they don't want me having their clients sign my paperwork (this is not what they told me before I joined)

It looks like I am suck "Grinning and Bearing it" until I can get some private clients and can get rid of the agency.

Outgoing
    Wow ! I am so happy I did not go with an agency afterall. I had contacted one before I opened and had considered it. It seems like THEY are running YOUR business. How is that possible ? Can you just not say THEY NEED to sing or they don't get services. Or is it because you need these clients at the moment ? Hope you get out of that soon.

They keep telling me I am the boss of my daycare, but it sure doesn't feel like it.

If I insist that they sign I could loose the agency and I can not afford to do that at this time. that will be 2 kids out the door. I need to replace them first.

Shy
    That's really hard. It seems agencies are only in it for themselves not for better quality care for the children or even to help providers. Yes they can get clients but then they get a portion on the income and tell you what you can and can't do. Hope you can find private clients soon and get out of the agency. You don't deserve to be treated like crap from new clients and have the agency that is suppose to support you support the client. Good luck!