Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    That just boggles my mind. My paperwork is extremely detailed because I am the one that needs to be trained in an emergency. I am the one who is liable if something happens. I am the one who needs all the pertinent information and the appropriate pick up people, etc. etc. etc. I need the parents to sign it and go over it with me or we are not a fit. It is so important!. Why don't you ask the agency to sign something that clears you of all liability since they don't want parents to sign your paperwork with the necessary info? That's just irresponsible and completely unprofessional on their part! I feel for you. Hope you are able to switch to private soon.

Why don't you ask the agency to sign something that clears you of all liability since they don't want parents to sign your paperwork with the necessary info?
    they have very basic paperwork that does help to cover me, but mine is more detailed and in-depth. I would prefer to have my paperwork signed, it covers me for things the agency doesn't.
    But right know I can not afford to loose them so I have to play by their rules.

That sucks! I started with an agency, lasted only one year. At that time they let me get the parents to sign my own policies. Still I do not thing they have any value added other than bringing their clients and you have to pay a BIG price for it. Now I work shorter hours, have increased my paycheck and feel more in control. Hope you can get rid of them soon.

Shy
    Sorry the family (and agency) is being inconsiderate BlueRose! I'm interviewing with two agencies next week . I have one private interview this weekend (keeping my fingers crossed), so I will likely only take one more child after that. I keep hoping private care comes through before the agency finds me someone!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMamma View Post
    Sorry the family (and agency) is being inconsiderate BlueRose! I'm interviewing with two agencies next week . I have one private interview this weekend (keeping my fingers crossed), so I will likely only take one more child after that. I keep hoping private care comes through before the agency finds me someone!
    I wish you all the best in finding a private client. If you do decide to go with an agency, I hope it works out better for you. I know have 2 interviews set up for private clients looking to start in September. I hope that at least one works out.

Starting to feel at home...
    I started with an agency too, thinking it would be helpful in getting started up as a new dcp and that they really would be there to "help" me. Yeah, not so much....I ended up finding all my own clients, they still took $65 per month per kid off my fees and the only thing they "helped" me with was monthly surprise visits to tell me all the things I was doing wrong! We ended up having some disagreements over some of the rules I felt were a little ridiculous (for example, I could have hand soap out in my bathroom, but had to keep the shampoo and bath soap locked up and not in my shower????) After a year I left, and all my families came with me, despite getting emails from the agency saying that they could find a new provider for them so that they didn't have to stay with me!!