Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vent

Mimi I am trying to not take it personal but It really feels insulting, this Mom doesn't work as she is on mat leave for baby #2 and her oldest is in daycare to socialize.

Funny, my insulting Mom is in the same position.

Expansive...
    Mini I wouldn't call this Mom insulting in the literal sense but I must say I just found it insulting that she chose a 40-page document over my 1 page? LOL

I do have one Mom that is! The one that said daycare is a basic skill set.

I just read the 40 pages and its freaking ridiculous as it expects you to fully potty train in 3 days plus it claims that your child will stay dry even over night? To me that just puts the child under crazy stress and not all toddlers’ bladders are fully devolved to handle a whole night of dryness. Just my 2 cents anyway! We will see I suppose!

Outgoing
    Skysue, never forget that we academics are very good at SOUNDING like we know everything LOL! It's all a crock... something I only discovered when I became a professor and realized that people with PhDs know a lot about SOMETHING, but not necessarily a lot about more than one small area. Not to belittle my colleagues and myself, we are knowledgeable in our area of research... but people seem to think that when you have an advanced degree you are better or smarter than the general population... SO NOT TRUE! It just meant we had the time, resources, and desire to study something.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to treeholm For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysue View Post
    I do have one Mom that is! The one that said daycare is a basic skill set.
    I find people that make comments like that have very low self worth. She's at home on mat leave and sending her kid to "socialize"? If she really is as smart and confident she would realize that there are several, less expensive ways for her child to socialize where she can be present and part of her child's experience. She could go to a drop in gymnastics class, or swim lessons! She could go to a playgroup and sip some coffee while her kids play. I am betting that she is having trouble managing two, and therefore is farming out her eldest's care to you while on mat leave. Therefore she feels the need to belittle you in order to make herself feel better about that decision. The fact is, parenting is a basic skill set. I find the ones that don't have it together are the clients most likely to make belittling comments to us, particularly if what we are doing, works.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladyjbug For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Hi,

I just wanted to send an update on potty training tots success, it worked and the little one was really trained over the weekend. The only down side of the training is that for 3 days you need to be right beside your child. If you are willing or can invest the time then I do see that it would be successful.

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    potty training .... I can only say I've ever trained 1 child! My two girls day trained themselves at 18 months and were both night trained at 2 years old. They were in clothe diapers so they were able to take their diapers off and on as they wanted to use the potty and no accidents. I didn't do anything for the nights, I would put a diaper on them at some point before they fell asleep they took the diaper off and they were dry, I eventually just gave in and stopped putting diapers on them. Potty training daycare children seems to be a huge issue in my daycare. I completely leave potty training up to my parents and I only allow children to potty train here once parents have had success. If parents say there has been success then they are given 2 weeks and if there isn't any success I stop and then continue in about a month. If there is success then they can continue to be part of the 'potty train'. My daycare kiddies call the bathroom breaks they potty train.

One thing PlayFelt suggested is that children should be dry for 2 weeks before switching into undies at daycare.

I'll be the first to admit that I have no clue what to do when it comes to potty training. My daycare kids have their regular bathroom breaks and then I expect if they have to go between then to ask. I do let parents know when I believe their children are ready to be potty trained and most don't and I believe they miss that window of opportunity because they aren't ready. Thus once the parent is ready to train the child has no interest.

Oh and the one child I took over and potty trained for the parents was a 3 1/2 year old little lady who was just a stubborn little one, I was sure she could train if she wanted to, the mater was her wanting to. She refused to train, her parents tried for a year. I had her go directly into undies at daycare and she was old enough to understand that she wasn't to pee in her undies and sure enough, she didn't. But as soon as she got home, she had tons of accidents. Eventually, I started to tell her that she needed to be dry at home and gave her stickers here, she trained at home too, it just took her longer.

I wish my daycare families were able to train over a weekend, that would be so cool!
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Euphoric !
    Thanks for the update! I appreciate that you were honest and let us know that it did work although you were skeptical. I think there are so many different ways of reaching the same goal and there is no one way that works for everyone. I have read about the three day method before and may try it when I have some time to be glued to my daughter LOL. She is taking forever!!!