Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

HELP - CANT FIND ACCOUNTANT Ottawa region

OK This is definitely making me loose my mind. I have made phone calls over phone calls with this list of accountants to find a descent one to do my personal taxes for my first year in having a Home Daycare, answers I got : they dont seem to know squat about Home Daycare business, they are beyond expensive... seriously how much is this service suppose to cost, or they dont take clients anymore... wow just like doctors !!

I took the workshop at CCPRN, I am not comfortable doing my own taxes, I NEED HELP.

Anyone can share their accountant seriously ??? I live in Limoges... I can go in Ottawa or Orleans region ??? please please help !

Shy
    I took mine to H&R Block last year and they seemed pretty knowledgeable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CasualFridays For This Useful Post:

I am in Ottawa. I just had my taxes done at Liberity Tax Service at the Lincoln Fields mall (2525 carling Ave)

they do home daycares all the time. But it did cost me $170 (w/tax). But they seemed to know what they were going.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

170$ is reasonable... this accountant that sent me back an email asked for 750$ !!!! H&R Block never had a good reputation when I lived in Montreal. Hope they are better here. Thanks ladies, I appreciate your help a whole lot !!

Euphoric !
    Unless you have an accountant that is willing to do the shoebox method of sorting out your receipts for him by the time you organize everything for the accountant you have all the numbers you need to put on your taxes. Go to the revenue canada site and download the two pages that you use for a business think it is T2125 or somethign like that and just look at it. All you need to put on it are the totals and the rest takes care of itself. Then that number goes on page one and you fill out your taxes like any other person would do with the exception of canada pension where you have to use the equation box since you don't have a number to copy over. I have been doing my own taxes all along and it is more daunting than it is hard really.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

But what if I forget to deduct something I could have to pay less taxes ?? Like I said its my first year and like others here who are in their first year, I'm scared to pay thousands in taxes. I have been a bad girl in not putting aside money each week... I guess I thought experts would think more about those little things that we dont and makes a huge difference lol !

Euphoric !
    You can't forget to deduct something because your accountant can only deduct the receipts you give them so if you have a reciept for something then you will remember to deduct it. There isn't really a lot that makes a difference for us since we aren't dealing with a corporation that gets tax incentives and loopholes etc. Basically we just add up our receipts, deduct it from the total earned and the balance is our income which we treat the same as what another person would have on their T4 slip and then finish the same tax package that everyone else does.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Dont worry DisneyPrincess, I'm also doing it for the first time as a daycare provider. I went on CRA websites it tells you pretty much all that you can deduct and I am going to buy the quick tax or turbo tax program. I've used it for my taxes before and it's fairly easy to use. When I was in doubt I call CRA. I am sure we can figure it out I"m kinda nervous cause I was not able to put anything asside either... YIKES !

@Playfelt, do you use a program in particular ? I was wondering which type I needed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to crafty For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I just use my regular acct that has done my taxes for years and for $400 plus tax he does mine and my husbands and both our businesses but hes not here in Ottawa ...hes in Mississauga and we just fedex our package to him. and he efiles it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

400$... thats alot :O Last year we paid maybe 175$ for both of us... yes I didnt have my own business but... even when I was in Montreal it use to cost about 150$ for our family taxes :\