Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-in-alberta View Post
    If you need to know for sure, google "dayhome regulations" or some such phrase, plus the name of your province. I know that where I am, a home child care centre (licensed or non) can have 6 children under 10 NOT including their own children, at ANY time. Of those kids, only 3 can be under 3. And of those kids, only 2 can be under 2 if you are licensed. And yes, the B/A school kids count.

This is only for licenced care in AB. If you're not with an agency you can have 6 kids (not including your own) of any age.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
    This is only for licenced care in AB. If you're not with an agency you can have 6 kids (not including your own) of any age.
    I feel very confused by this... I wish there was a clear cut standard!!! When I did all my research, what I posted above was what I determined. I called a local family services agency, and was told the same.
    I just looked up some more on the web, and found COMPLETELY conflicting info. Some places said that all kids under 10 count, some said all under 12. (This is important to me, as I have my oldest turning 10 soon, just in time for me to have a new baby!!!) Some places said that my own kids DO count in ratio, and some said they DON'T. Some said age is an issue, some said it isn't. Arrrggghhhhh!
    Now it's bothering me, because I want to do things "properly", but can't find a straight answer.
    I guess I call a few more local sources?? Any idea how else I can determine this?
    I am a private, unlicensed provider; who has been in operation officially for over a year now. This feels like something I should NOT have any confusion over!!