Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pick up advice?

Starting to feel at home...

Pick up advice?

one of my part time family has some family over for a visit. they have been there for 2 months.... and will be there of at least 2 more months. Since then, I maybe saw the parents 2 or 3 times.... maybe. Now I need to talk to the parents because I need to tell them that I'll be going in maternity leave in june. I need to tell them about upcomming appointments and tell them that i've been having a really hard time with her daughter... ( frequent accident during nap, trowing toys, pushing, hitting, not listenning.......... )

Now, should I just send a letter home... or should i tell the visiting family members that i need to see the parents ( they are having a hard time sending messages home...)

I feel trapped in this situation and I really hate it

Outgoing
    Can you call or email the parents directly? This is what I would do.

Shy
    Hi! Wouldn't it be easier to just pick the phone up in the early evening and call the mom? That way you know that the message has been passed on! I always give a verbal and a text to all the moms, so that my bases are covered...not that they still don't randomly bring the kids because thay forgot...ususally as I'am running out the door to an out of town appt! For something bigger like a maternity leave I would do a general letter home to all the parents (looks more professional)!

you could send a letter/email/phone call, stating that you would like to see them so you can give them an update and other important daycare information.

if it was just to let them know about days you are going to be closed then a letter address that would be fine. With telling them about you leaving and behavioral issues then you should talk to them in person.

If you tell a family member that you need to speak to the parents they might start asking questions (what you need to tell the parents is non of their business), or forget to tell the parents. Its also not as professional IMO.

apples and bananas
    I would phone the parents in the evening.

Even if I have a dad pick up and I need supplies or something happened during the day, I still send mom a message, just in case dad doesn't quite get the full message delivered.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Ditto to a phone call! The parents signed your contract and are your clients, not the extended family members.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Well, turned out mom came and picked up the little girl. Very glad we had a 30 minutes talk... and i understood ALOT of things..... they are 3 families living in the same house right now... so little Judy doesn't get to sleep in her room and often change bedroom during the week... usualy that's when we get accident in the dayhome

at pick up, she didn't even want to leave with mommy.... Mom actualy walked out the door and the little girl turned around, looked at me and said : mommy is gone.... and went play with my husband and my son?!?!?!

her mom came back in heartbroken... I guess lots is happening at home and she enjoys the ''calm'' and the routine of dayhome so much she doesn't want to leave...

Any advice on what I should do except give her lots of love and affection while she is here? And obviously, stick to my routine so she has something stable in her life?

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by mlle.coccinelle View Post
    at pick up, she didn't even want to leave with mommy.... Mom actualy walked out the door and the little girl turned around, looked at me and said : mommy is gone.... and went play with my husband and my son?!?!?!

her mom came back in heartbroken... I guess lots is happening at home and she enjoys the ''calm'' and the routine of dayhome so much she doesn't want to leave...

Any advice on what I should do except give her lots of love and affection while she is here? And obviously, stick to my routine so she has something stable in her life?
    Awe, that right there is the reward for all your hard work!! Just keep doing what you're doing!!! Oh and congrats on the bun in the oven!!!

Oh thank you! Harmoni!

I've heard that when you are prego with girls take everything you have....... they are so right ahaha! She better be stinking cute