Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Wish I could hire a "Manager" to run my dayhome

daydreaming about how it would be if all i had to do was just take care of the kids and and play with them! No more dealing with parents who sign up with me, and then try to pay less than my stated rates. No more parents who cause my stomach to tie in knots everytime i see them (related to above). No more interviews! I could just stay in the playroom and leave my "manager" to handle it!

I don't mind the cooking, cleaning, diaper changes and so on. I enjoy the kids company (well, most of them). It's the parents (you know the ones i mean) that
    make me question myself about running a dayhome.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovetolive For This Useful Post:

I know what you mean. This job is hard big part because of the parents. They are really bad people. I just have a coulple, hum no maybe half of a couple, which means one parent only out of 10... whom I can really trust and get along !

Euphoric !
    Hahaha! That WOULD be great!
    I could handle all the fun stuff, and he/she would do the sucky things. Wonder if my hubby would be open to it? Wait, no. He would totally "fire" all the less-than-stellar parents. LoL

Euphoric !
    I'm good with all the day to day stuff, but I daydream about having somebody do all the paperwork for taxes all year long so I never had to think about it.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    You could probably hire an accounting student from the local college to come in a few hours a week and keep the books up to date, input data, arrange everything for you, do other office work like print off copies of craft pages, etc.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I'm with Momof4...I don't mind managing things...I actually kind of enjoy the business side of it most of the time, but the paperwork...now that is the bane of my existence!

Euphoric !
    Wow! I have to say, I don't know how you carry on if 9 out of 10 parents are problematic!!! I don't have many issues with parents...for the most part they are respectful. About the only thing that comes up is differences in parenting style...which leads to behaviour challenges in some kids (well one at the moment LOL). Even the one whose child is difficult is a very respectful parent who follows all my policies and appreciates what I do. I hope you find a way to get the respect you deserve!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
    I know what you mean. This job is hard big part because of the parents. They are really bad people. I just have a coulple, hum no maybe half of a couple, which means one parent only out of 10... whom I can really trust and get along !

Euphoric !
    DisneyP, I have 10 fantastic dcparents, seriously! I did not start out that way, they were mostly bad, except for my daughter heehee. By my second year in business I was being careful who I was choosing to allow into my daycare and my life. I promised myself that nobody would ever be allowed in my daycare again unless they showed complete respect to me starting with the interview. Now I'm a crazy pre-screener, careful interviewer and make no mistake about it, nobody will ever sign a contract with me again unless I'm sure they are fantastic people who will be great to work with for the next 3 years or so. We all deserve that.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Outgoing
    I actually like the ''business'' part of it too. I like planning my meals, activities, preparing my memos, printing my invoices, making budgets... yes I still procrastinate with the paperwork but I still enjoy it. I perform better on a deadline I guess lol.

I did have one family that I have had few difficult situations and dealt with and although it was hard on me I think it made me better. I don’t enjoy confrontations or having difficult conversations with parents but for me it's all part of the job and it does not cause me so much grief. Maybe because most of my families have been great except for the one I mention which are no longer here.