Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Ahhh...March Break

I have my 6 yo today and I have to tell you it makes such a difference to the flow of things. I really like this kid but he gets the little ones riled and nap time isn't really happening because his brother obviously sees he's awake (he's in the hallway quietly doing crafts). When the brother had lice this wk I was glad I don't use my whole house for dc. During naptime with a nonsleeper however I wish I had a seperate area.

Euphoric !
    Oh I hear you. My own 4.5 year old is home this week and tends to get the others riled up too! Too much energy! And naptime has been a struggle because my daughter hears her brother making sound and wants to get up too. Yesterday she did not nap and was a grump all evening....today I am still battling with her. Although in general, each day that my son is home gets a bit better than the last...he has calmed down a bit and the others have adjusted to him being here. Plus it was beautiful outside, so we spent most of the morning outside. Good luck! Only 2.5 more days of March break!

Yah march break and the summer... funny but having big kids is harder then little ones. They are sooo excited, wont listen, plus they get bored easily. Two more days. Oh and next year's march break I'll be on vaca far away from here hahaha My mistake for thinking I could go all the way to the summer without taking time off, I'm going nuts lol

Euphoric !
    I am already dreading summer This is just one week and I feel like I am going to lose it! How am I going to survive the entire summer?! It would be managable except for the fact that naptime is a freak show and I am getting no down time! Summer days will be okay because we'll be out at the park most days...but how to manage naptime with a non-napping child of your own...who in turn keeps his sister awake? My daughter really needs her nap, but even when my son is being very quiet and well-behaved, like today, she knows he is up and she won't sleep! Arggg! At the moment they are sitting one on each side of me...wine on Friday sounds good to me too

Euphoric !
    Could you make your son lay down too as an example to the others with the idea he will rest a bit and then let him get back up. I used to let Jennifer do that sometimes when her and Melissa shared a room. She laid on her bed till her sister fell asleep and then could come out. So her job was to see that her sister got to sleep. A lot of the time she herself fell asleep for 20 minutes or so too which was great because some days she needed it but didn't want it.

Euphoric !
    Oh yes, Playfelt, this has always been what I have done in the past and even on weekends he is expected to lie down and try to sleep (sometimes he does and sometimes not). Today he did really well about staying quiet (I bribed him with the incentive of getting to play a computer game with me later if he stays quiet and I get my quiet time and his sister gets to sleep). BUT, she was the one popping out of her room and bugging him! Finally I let him come downstairs and watch TV and do his activity books which he loves. He was really quiet and good, but my daughter just would not sleep! After 2 hours...I gave up! I had also told her she could watch a special movie this evening if she gets her sleep, but she will not be watching it now Before March break she had gone through a stage of sleep resistance at naptime and about a week ago I finally got her back on track and napping decently...now this! Argggg!

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Could you make your son lay down too as an example to the others with the idea he will rest a bit and then let him get back up. I used to let Jennifer do that sometimes when her and Melissa shared a room. She laid on her bed till her sister fell asleep and then could come out. So her job was to see that her sister got to sleep. A lot of the time she herself fell asleep for 20 minutes or so too which was great because some days she needed it but didn't want it.

Euphoric !
    I find one non-napper fine...but with two it is sooooo hard to keep them quiet!