Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

A runny nose for two months....

Have any of you every experienced this? I have four kids of my own and have been providing child care for 11 years and I've never!!
    Every time I look at this poor little girl (14 months), she has a clear constant drip down to her mouth. Besides a slight cough and heavy breathing, there are no other symptoms. I'm thinking allergies but mom refuses to believe it, "it's all teething"....!!
    Any thoughts??
    Thanks!!

apples and bananas
    LOL, I think allergies too.

I have one that seems to always have a runny nose. It's thickens and goes yellow when she actually has a head cold, then it just goes back to clear. She's also from a home that has a smoker... maybe a link? Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by apples and bananas View Post
    LOL, I think allergies too.

I have one that seems to always have a runny nose. It's thickens and goes yellow when she actually has a head cold, then it just goes back to clear. She's also from a home that has a smoker... maybe a link? Maybe not.
    I have a DCB that has a constant runny nose as well. I mean ALL THE TIME it changes from clear to yellow to green throughout the year. It is disgusting. And yes, both parents smoke. Never even put that connection together. Hmmmm...something to ask potential clients..if they smoke.

apples and bananas
    Quote Originally Posted by Other Mummy View Post
    I have a DCB that has a constant runny nose as well. I mean ALL THE TIME it changes from clear to yellow to green throughout the year. It is disgusting. And yes, both parents smoke. Never even put that connection together. Hmmmm...something to ask potential clients..if they smoke.
    Absolutly something I'm adding into my interview questions. His coat and his bag smells up my entire hallway. I have to light a candle up there. I'm always concerns parents will think it's someone in my home.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by apples and bananas View Post
    Absolutly something I'm adding into my interview questions. His coat and his bag smells up my entire hallway. I have to light a candle up there. I'm always concerns parents will think it's someone in my home.
    Do they smoke inside the house?!?

OMG smoking in front of your kids and subjecting them to second hand smoke. A co-worker(who smokes) of my husbands stopped by one afternoon and stood in our hallway. The house immediately smelled of smoke and I freaked. This is my place of business during the day and I have children in the house. I lit candles too fretting the rest of the day the parents would smell it. My neighbor also smokes. He stands in front of his house puffing away. Depending on the wind direction I have to close my windows on a nice day so my house won't stink.

Euphoric !
    I've had that problem too - children's items being brought in from smokers' homes. Once there was a playpen that smelled up my bedroom for weeks. Plech!

I'm kind of astonished that smoking in homes where children live is actually even legal. I would think it would be considered a form of child abuse.