Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Angry Dangerous parent beware

dear daycare providers I just want to let everyone in Calgary who runs a dayhome know of an experience I had with a potential parent this week. She called to arrange an interview for Mar 10th when she arrived she had no child with her she said he was at home sick, upon entering our dayhome she proceed with in 15 seconds to start bad mouthing my husband and I telling my husband he was too old to be looking after children, I personally have a bit of a limp to which she replied that handicapped people were not able to watch children either, she started to ask lots and lots of questions but refused to tell me where she worked or her last name. She was only in our home about 10 minutes when I asked her to leave stating that we were definitely not offering what she was looking for. Tuesday morning the licensing people as well as health inspectors showed up at our dayhome saying they had received a complaint about too many children in our home. I right away new where this complaint had come from, and allowed them into my home to check things out. I had nothing to hide and welcomed the safety check of our dayhome. As our dayhome was being checked one of our current parents called me and told me she had been looking on a dayhome website for care for a friend ( we are full) and checked out our listing she was dumbfounded when she read a review that had been posted on the Monday as it was so malicious and full of lies and threats. This girl wrote that she had personally seen to it that our dayhome had been closed by the city for offering unsafe care, she proceed to write that she had to remove her child from our home after spending only a day in our care as it was so unfit. I showed the review to the health inspector and licensing people and they couldn't believe it. They took care of having everything removed from the site but it is very scary just what this girl has in mind. In her review she also wrote that she drives by dayhomes to make sure that everyone is following the rules and that she will drive by our dayhome once a day till she makes sure it is closed. The licensing people have reassured me that wont happen as we have met all the requirements but it doesn't change just how scary this whole thing is. I want to tell everyone to beware as this has scared my husband and I, this girl is not stable. Don't know if she has done this to others or what her game is but it has certainly caused us extreme stress. Have run our dayhome for over 17 years and never ever had a complaint of any kind until this girl, don't know whats happening to the world today. She goes under Ana K that is all we got out of her.

Euphoric !
    Omigosh! What is wrong with that woman? Sorry you had to go through all that turmoil for a psychotic crazy person to get a little power, that's insane! This is why I prescreen like crazy and won't even waste my valuable time for an interview until I'm sure the family is fantastic and a possible match for me after several phone calls or emails. Don't be afraid to take care of yourselves ladies!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    OMG 2ndmom! That's terrible! I've never heard of such a thing! She does sound more than a little off balance. I'll never complain about clipboard moms again after hearing that story! I'm sorry you have to go through this nonsense!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    make sure you save the message incase something happens. If you start to notice someone constantly driving by contact the police. heck call the police and let them know right now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to momofnerds For This Useful Post:

apples and bananas
    This is horrible. But thank you for sharing as it reminds us all of some great lessons.

Never interview until you talk to the person one on one. Do you research... get the last name.. know where they work, what they need and what they value in a provider before you offer an interview.

In my mind the interview is the last step. It's to make sure everyone is a good fit. Everything else, location, drop off and pick up times, food requirments, sleeping times etc can all be worked out over a phone conversation.

I'm sorry this has happened to you and I hope it goes away quickly.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

I am sorry you had this happen to you. Thank goodness your husband was home with you as I sense a potential for violence with this person. Are you able to give a physical description for the other Calgary providers? If you see this person driving by your home it should become a police matter as this is stalking and you have it in writing that she will continue to check to make sure your daycare is closed. For your safety and the children's! Keep your doors locked.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Shy
    THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT it has been a very long week for my husband and I and of course all my parents who currently attend our dayhome. We are constantly watching out our front window seeing if anyone is just hanging around, I still cant wrap my head around what this girl has done.

Shy
    we have been documenting everything that has gone on this week, all we have ever wanted to do is just look after children, this has taken things to such a scary and possibly unsafe level

Shy
    This girl is approx 28, 29 years old , possibly Croatian, Russian, she has long black hair and is about 5.3 tall. I wish I had gone with my gut when I spoke to this girl on the phone, I can't believe that I allowed this to happen to my family and my dayhome families. Please be cautious everyone and like they always say if it doesn't feel right it probably isn't.

Starting to feel at home...
    So sorry that you are going through this! That woman sounds like a real basket case!! Save any messages from her e-mail ones or whatever. In case she does anything maybe ip address can be tracked??