Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

First steps to opening a daycare

Hi all,
    I have been reading on this forum for a while as well as doing loads of research on my own about starting a home daycare. I love this forum already even though I have yet to post/introduce myself. Thanks to a lot of these threads I have been able to figure out what I need to do to start a home daycare.
    I have been setting up the space in the home, working on contracts, handbooks, forms, making my own webpage and are close to being done all the paperwork stuff but I am getting anxious as I wonder if I should be posting an advertisment soon. I have read it sometimes takes a while to get bites on ads sometimes so would it be best to post ads now even though not all my paperwork is finalized then ensure I have it done for when I set up interviews? Or is it best to just keep wading through all the paperwork stuff and get it all settled then post an ad when everything is ready?
    I also was wondering how soon do I get increased house insurance? Do I get it now even though I don't have any daycare kids yet?
    I am without an income right now so I guess I'm getting nervous that my emergency funds are going to run out before I have kids in my daycare.
    I also am part of a few facebook groups and keep seeing people are looking for care in my area and I'm worried they will find alternate care before I finish my paperwork. When is it best to advertise? I know phone interviews are best to find out if people will fit in your daycare and such so just wondering if its okay to start those?
    Thanks in advance for your help! And also big huge thanks to all the people who have posted already in this forum as I've found out soo much stuff about starting a home daycare just from reading the many threads.

Expansive...
    Hi and welcome!!

I would start advertising now! I only give out my paper work to parents that I have already interviewed and feel are a good fit for my daycare. It can take a long time to get good clients so don't worry about waiting for paper work...it's only important once you actually find the clients. Best of luck with your new venture!

Euphoric !
    Start shopping for insurance now. This is a major task in its self. You want to have it in place once you start interviewing. Once you find a carrier, it is a simple phone call to have it set up.