Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Expansive...

Kiddie pool in the Summer with high hydro

Hi ladies,

What do you do in the Summer for water play? I set up a pool for the 1st time yesterday and the kids put sand and dirt into it! My 1 year olds were mostly the offenders but my 2x 3 year olds were helping a bit too!

I see that the pool water really can't be kept for a few days? What are you ladies doing? the cost to fill it will be crazy, my pool takes 30 liters of water.

Should I just have Thurs & Fridays pool days??

Euphoric !
    I can't use a kiddie pool after seeing what the kids did with the water table; they all try to drink the water...yuck! I have decided against a kiddie pool for this reason, but if I did use one I would just put an inch or two of water in it for safety reasons anyway...then it would be easy to dump and refill as well.

Euphoric !
    I forgot to add that we go to the splash pad frequently and sometimes I set of the sprinkler ( I have a water caterpillar sprayer) and they play with that.

Euphoric !
    I don't do water play at all. I leave that up to the parents. Most have access to a splash pad and can go after supper. I have too many little ones to take responsibility for water. My own child has special needs and the slippery grass is a safety issue for her for walking. There is plenty for the kids to do outside without the water.

If it's super hot here, then I fill up a blow-up baby pool where they can cool off. It gets dumped at the end of the day. I will also put on the sprinkler - but moreso to give the grass some water!

Expansive...
    I would stick with a sprinkler- we have a super fun one that looks like flowers and I leave it really low so the little ones do not get intimidated

I would be careful with the kiddie pool. Most insurance companies will not allow ANY pools. Not even a kiddie pool. And, they can void your insurance if you even just have a pool on your property - doesn't matter if it has ever been used or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Trickett View Post
    I would be careful with the kiddie pool. Most insurance companies will not allow ANY pools. Not even a kiddie pool. And, they can void your insurance if you even just have a pool on your property - doesn't matter if it has ever been used or not.
    Insurance company won't let us have a real pool - this is just a baby pool where you can stick your feet in. NO way in hell they could possibly drown with it! If I can find a picture of it I will....

http://pregnancyandbaby.sheknows.com...swimming-pool/

Something similar to this but with more toys on it.

Outgoing
    very cool pool playandlearn!! My LO would love that!!

I currently have a small pool, about 1 foot high, it has soft edges, not a blowup kind, not a hard shell. I asked parent permission before setting it up and showed them what it looked like. I still am very cautious and only use it with the kids when my husband is home to an extra pair of hands.
    I would like to switch to a smaller hard shell pool and dump it every night. The sprinkler is also a good idea, but my patio deck takes up most of my yard, and i am worried about running kids slipping and cutting their head open on the wood patio or something.