Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Messy Eater!!!

Outgoing

Messy Eater!!!

Oh boy, you expect kids to be messy eaters, but I have never seen one as messy as the one I have now. I swear he tries to absorb the food through the skin on his face, legs and arms I've never had to have such an intensive lunch clean up before, and I've seen some pretty messy eaters!

Euphoric !
    I had a TWO year old that was the messiest eater I have ever seen. Drove me nuts. Rubbed it all over his face, wouldn't use utensils, mushed it into his hair. Mom was super laid back, and I think she just never taught him any table manners!

I use aprons for the messy ones. The kind that covers arms and are long...That helps a lot

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-in-alberta View Post
    I had a TWO year old that was the messiest eater I have ever seen. Drove me nuts. Rubbed it all over his face, wouldn't use utensils, mushed it into his hair. Mom was super laid back, and I think she just never taught him any table manners!
    Yep. Pretty much the same here. He will actually drag whatever he is eating up his face, into his hair and then smash it into his lap. I ended up putting him in old t-shirts to catch a good deal of the mess. But then he paints the table and the chair too.....

Euphoric !
    I would just put him back on the non messy finger foods I give the infants. Not worth dealing with the mess.

Starting to feel at home...
    MY son is one......tonight he took his plate and wore it on his head and said "hat" urggg.......its all over him from head to toe

Starting to feel at home...
    You can get some great bibs from Ikea. They cover the entire chest and arms. Good for eating and craft time.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondAve View Post
    You can get some great bibs from Ikea. They cover the entire chest and arms. Good for eating and craft time.
    I have these and LOVE them! Going on my 3 rd year, same bibs...good as new! The worst for me are my babies who have dogs at home and drop food constantly. Don't like it...plop....aarrrrg gghhh
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Outgoing
    I too have several messy eaters. I have brothers who somehow always manage to stuff food down by their bums so when I take them out of their seats, they have food stuck to their bums. I have the Ikea bibs too, and love them, but somehow they still manage to get around those suckers.