Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Laminating over magnets?

Hi ladies!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience laminating over magnets?

I've made a few file-folder matching games for quiet time (my 3 year olds have been all about sorting and matching games lately), and I'm planning on laminating them. I've discovered though, that they need to be played with on a flat surface to stay put, and even then they may slide since the folders probably won't sit completely flat. It would be nice to have something they can chill out on the couch with, or that we could take when we travel. I'd rather not put magnets or Velcro on top of the laminated tops because it would obscure the pictures.

Has anyone tried this? The machine I'll be using is one of the big industrial ones that schools use, so I'd rather not have to pay to fix it, should something go wrong .

Thanks!

Euphoric !
    Use the magnet sheets that will be as flat as possible and it is a good idea to laminate the page twice but if you are using the industrial machine you should be ok with just one pass.

A set of small cookie sheets you could stack together would make a good surface.

Also what some will do is put a flat metal washer behind the pictures on the gameboard and then use the peel and stick magnetic sheets to put on the back of the pieces. They will then stick in place - magnet to washer.

For games that you are playing on the table or floor if you put the peel and stick craft foam on the back of the pieces they are not only thicker to use but also harder to destroy since the foam makes them more pliable but also gives a bit of friction when placed on the laminated folder so they don't move around as much.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Use the magnet sheets that will be as flat as possible and it is a good idea to laminate the page twice but if you are using the industrial machine you should be ok with just one pass.

A set of small cookie sheets you could stack together would make a good surface.

Also what some will do is put a flat metal washer behind the pictures on the gameboard and then use the peel and stick magnetic sheets to put on the back of the pieces. They will then stick in place - magnet to washer.

For games that you are playing on the table or floor if you put the peel and stick craft foam on the back of the pieces they are not only thicker to use but also harder to destroy since the foam makes them more pliable but also gives a bit of friction when placed on the laminated folder so they don't move around as much.
    Can I thank this more than once ??