Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Starting to feel at home...
    playfelt and mom in alberta.... thats exactly how I feel, although I wasnt all that great at saying that!!! LOL!!!

Starting to feel at home...
    Doing daycare, that is what was the hardest for me to accept. I had 2 babies in my care, one of 11 months and one of 9. The parents of the 11 months old baby was here 10 minutes after work, keeping her home when off work, that was great for the kid. But the 9 month old baby was ALWAYS at my house. And he was so happy when his mommy would arrive you know! A huge smile on his face. I was doing my best with him, but I wasn't his mommy. He loved me, was attached to me, but still you could see the sparks in his eyes when his mommy would be there.

I had to go back to work, and then sent my little 2 1/2 years old girl to my best friends daycare. It was killing me to send her from 7h30 to 5h30 monday to friday. She was happy to go, but I could see the same sparks in her eyes at 5h30. Why oh why did I chose to go back to work. I finally got really sick. Had to stop working, almost had to go to the hospital, I didn't want to go back home, to go back to my life as it was, I didn't want to see my husband, my kids, my family or my friends anymore.

So I quit my job, went for a coffe with my daycare provider(best friend) and explained to her that I was out of work. That I quit. But still, I would need her full time, since at that moment I couldn't take care of my kids. I felt so guilty. My daughter knew I wasn't going to work. So asked EVERYDAY to stay with me. When her dad took her do DC in the morning, I would cry myself out.

My provider never judged me. I will always be greatfull of her for that.

As soon as I felt better though, I kept my daughter with me. Went to pick her up earlier. But she was truly better off at the daycare. I was then a really boring mommy. I was absent minded! She would talk to me, I could see her looking at me and waiting for an answer, but it wouldn't make it through my lips, or even my brain.

So after a while, SHE was requesting to go to daycare. She was then 3 and she screamed and cried when her dad was leaving for work because he was not taking her to DC.

So I guess all situations are different.

But what I cannot accept is to see the eyes of a kid who KNOWS mommy or daddy aren't working and that kid is not with them. I can feel their pain! And I can truly say that re-opening daycare now, this is what I am most scared off. So my first question to parents is this one. I want to know what they think about paying and NOT leaving their child in DC. And I am accepting part timers so this way, parents will pay for what they NEED.

Sarah

Shy
    I hate it too! To be honest, I have this discussion during the interview process. I explain that we (there are two providers in my home) prefer to work for people who want to spend time with their children. I use the analogy that just because you pay monthly for a parking spot, you don't make sure that you go and use it everyday just because you are paying for it. While I do understand appointments, etc., I have always wanted my kids with me. As far as 'dates' with hubby, etc., trust me, there is plenty of time for that later. Speaking from experience, my two kids are off to college in the fall and these parents need to understand just how precious this time is with their kids. It happens way too fast!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinkerbell For This Useful Post: