Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shy
    all my daycare kids nap, even if they don't sleep they rest. Everyone needs some downtime, even the kiddos, it is important for their development to get the proper rest.

Euphoric !
    "Napping" lasts until at least 3, or until the child can't/won't fall asleep anymore.
    But everyone has a quiet time. Usually, I will put the babies down first. This gives the bigger kids time for lunch to settle, and they can do something that isn't allowed out with the littlest ones roaming. (Right now, the Barbie dress up is a big hit. Those tiny shoes just cannot come out with the one year olds around!!)
    Then I get them to lay down on the couch or whatever. Lights out, curtains closed. We have recently taken to putting on a Dora video or some such thing. I don't mind, as it is the only time we have the TV on.

Euphoric !
    All children lay down in the dark for 2 hours at my daycare also. Even my 5 1/2 year old grandson who spends a day with us now and then for PD days brings his DS and lays down on his bed in the dark and plays with that with the sound off until his eyes are tiredn and then he sleeps for the last hour at least.

Crayola knows the famous motto! It's the law here too.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post: