Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Hello! from Winnipeg

Hi all
    I have been lurking on this site for a while as I make my plans to start a home daycare in Winnipeg. Thanks to this site I have been given a wealth of information to make starting up a whole lot easier. Many thanks to all that have posted so far on various aspects of running home daycares.
    I am a mother to one son who is 2 and a half and have been working outside the home for many many years. I look very forward to being my own boss and finally being home with my son. My son has never gone to daycare as after my maternity leave ended my husband was wanting to change jobs so he ended up working part-time in evenings/weekends and being the primary caregiver to our son during the weekdays. So essentially he was a stay at home dad.
    We have now switched and I will now be the primary caregiver and rather then take a part-time job outside the home I will be setting up a home daycare, while hubby is going to be working full-time outside the home.
    I am incredibly excited as I've always enjoyed being around children and up to now I have hosted several playdates for my son that consisted of crafts/stories/games etc. I really look forward to continuing to plan various activities for my son as well as the daycare children.
    I also really enjoy making crafts using various mediums, scrapbooking, sewing. My way to get rid of stress is either play with my son or if he is asleep make something. I look forward to using my creativity to plan various activities and crafts for my daycare.
    I am still working on some fine tuning of contracts/webpage and other odds and ends but getting close to opening up. I really can't wait!
    I am sure I will continue to come to this site to not only advertise my daycare openings but to chat with you all about my own experiences and questions.
    I am really excited to have found such a great site to interact with other daycare providers!

Euphoric !
    It's nice to meet you. Welcome to our chatting forum and welcome to the business. There's so much to learn.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Welcome and thanks for letting us get to know you through your first post. I look forward to hearing how your daycare days are going.